I am a little ditsy, or just gullible

Crisis--Cincinnati /

When people mention the term, "use a little elbow grease", I thought that was a real product, until today when I found out it was just a term for a little scrubbing. I guess I am a little ditsy, or just gullible. Anyhow, I thought that would give some of you a good laugh. I know I did! Swarm and Destroy!

Chris

Bombardment Society

Re: I am a little ditsy, or just gullible

Ron Brown /

Chris,

That would have been my expression and you're right, you can't buy it, you can only apply it. The more you apply, the better it looks. : )

Ron

wow crisis... im shocked and amazed. you may be a little ditsy, but thats part of your charm. =]

Don't worry, When I was in Highschool, I worked at Sears and we would always pull one on whoever was the new guy there depending on the department. the next time you go to a hardware store, ask for a metric crescent wrench. You might also ask for a steel belted basket ball the next time you go to a sporting goods store. The next time you see someone with a car that isn't idling very good, ask them how long its been since they replaced their idler arm.

Guess where Neets Foot oil comes from?

Jamie

Don't forget to top off the blinker fluid- you don't know how many accidents could be averted. Also make sure your muffler bearings are rotated on a regular basis.

My grandfather used to work in a woodworking shop, and he would always send the new kid to the hardware store to pick up a lumber stretcher, and a left handed pipe wrench. He did it so often that the guys at the hardware store would just say "you must be the new guy" and send them back.

Crisis--Cincinnati /

Today, I spent about 3 hours applying some "elbow grease" to my new treasure and she is shining up very nicely. There is slight pitting in a few places, but it looks damn good! The tires are perfect too. All I have left is to get the rims. I am going to use a dremmel with the rough polishing bit for those, so it shouldn't be too pain staking. I am going to get it repainted too. There are lots of little knicks in the paint. Of course, I will make sure that I can get it running before I paint it. We have this kid here who can do an awesome paint job, and he does it really cheap for us, because we are freinds with his sister. He painted matt's bike silver, with flames. It was top notch! But matt is the guy who got hit by the car on his ped, so now his beutiful ped is sitting in a tow lot, all mangled up.

chris

brian away /

In the military, the new guy gets sent to get the keys to the Humvee (they don't have a key ignition), 100 feet of flightline (flightline = airplane runway), or a boxfull of gridsquares. Gridsquares that are the grids on a map... anyway...

way to go, crisis : )

gimmyjimmy /

what happened, how is he?

XBrandon EdgeX /

He still hasn't gotten his bike out of hock? He should get on top of that before the impound storage fees rack up!

what up chris im cruising today the weather is sweat.And by the way works for jerks say no to elbow grease.Atleast on days like these.

He is okay, but he has to use crutches to walk. He got hit by a car that went through a stop sign.

Matt is never going to get it out. I think he is waiting for a miracle, I'm not sure. He plans on getting a new moped out of the deal, when he get's his settlement. Hopefully he gets it before the weather gets nice again.

for the small pitting on the chrome you can use wd-40 with some aluminum foil. It works really well, just scrub the rust off. It won't even scratch anything. Then wash it, get some chrome polish, or wax and give it a coating to keep the rust away.

Crisis--Cincinnati /

Aluminum foil? What does that do? Does it fill the pits or something?

AZsk Wayne about the STOP SIGN....

.........He's suffering for the same driver stupidity.Seems like most of the accidents involving `peds are caused by cars running the stops or `gunning it' at a yellow light.I've been laying back from stops lately on account of this info..I'd rather be `late' than ` THE LATE',if you know what I mean.Watch out for cars that can't stop on the ice or snow too!!Watch your mirror!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account