I NEED TO PUT THE IDLE MIXTURE SCREW BACK

I HAVE A 1976 MOTobecne and i cleaned the carb im wondering when putting the idle screw back does it matter how it goes back in or does it not matter?

Re: I NEED TO PUT THE IDLE MIXTURE SCREW BACK

Ron Brown /

David,

It is an idle speed screw. Pointed end first with the spring on it should work.

Ron

this screw which isnt really a srew considering no matter how long i turned it it didnt come out until i pushed the top f it down, doesnt have a spring either

Ron Brown /

David,

Your description seems to lack some detail. Where in the carburetor does it fit and if it is not really a screw, what does it look like?

Ron

a picture is worth a thousand words. the thing with the arrow on it

Ron Brown /

Picture?

a little operator error there sorry about that

paperfar.jpg

Ron Brown /

David,

Ah So!

This is the diffuser, sometimes called the emulsion tube. It's purpose is to mix air with the fuel from the main jet. There is a cavity around the two holes you mention. This cavity is connected to the air cleaner side of the carb allowing air to be drawn into the fuel stream. Other than upside down, there should be no wrong way to install it. The orientation of the two holes is not significant although I would probably orient the holes across the carb, at a right angle to the incoming air, just because I like symetry.

Ron

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account