speed kit carnage warning

<HTML>i just purchased a 70 cc big bore kit for my tomos and i'm real happy to say that the piston and lower half of the engine block is shredded. at first we thought the ring came off the piston and grinded the wall due to not enough oil being cycled through yet but upon inspection the ring was intact and in place. so we're assuming there must have been an unseen abrasion in the cylinder that caused the destruction. so pretty much i am officially screwed. i still have to see about how much a replacement will be. so just as a warning to all be sure to check EVERYTHING if you opt for one of these kits as there is no warranty whatsoever on these things. and actually we had to drill out new holes in that block before it could be installed as all the original ones were crooked. that shoulda hinted me off that it was faulty but impatience rocks man.

yay mopeds.

yay spending an extra 300 bucks for it and then it breaks

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee</HTML>

RE: speed kit carnage warning

<HTML>Wow Dave what a hell of a lesson! Hope you're back on two wheels soon. Your experience makes me all the more cautious. Thanks for letting us know.</HTML>

RE: speed kit carnage warning

<HTML>that's terrible dave - i hope a replacement isn't too much....i know that bill (bill@mopedarmy.com) had a speed kit on his puch and decided to take it off. it kept overheating or something - plus getting the oil mix right was a pain....mopeds are meant to be 50cc.</HTML>

Re: speed kit carnage warning

nooby maybe.

why do people get kits for their bikes when they hardly

know whats going down there in the first place.

just kills me when all these noobies to mopeds

want to go faster and faster w/o knowing anything about

2 stroke engines

Better Fส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ster /

This thread was from 2000.

Man, those were the days!

lol at the past.

no groms no blasters /

wtf leo replied in all sincerity to a post made nine years earlier.

time travel

Better Fส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ster /

This thread was bumped by that spammer and his post was deleted by Simon. The thread stayed at the top. No big deal, just old news.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

have to admit it's a great thread title. a blurry, huge 1.2 megapixel pic would've been nice.

I would bet money he didn't set the circlips properly and one broke free...

All newbies need to do this once so the lesson is learned. Someone should check back with him 9 years later and find out!

Fire up the DeLorean 88mph!!

no groms no blasters /

did people nine years ago not know about upjetting and running lean and seizing?

"did people nine years ago not know about upjetting and running lean and seizing?"

there have been two-stroke builders ever since there have been two-stroke engines. i'm pretty sure someone knew, as it's pretty basic.

whether or not the people that blow their shit up know what they are doing--that's questionable. i think a lot of people just get on here, get a moped, hear about everyone else making thiers go fast, and jump into it w/ out schooling themselves.

this website is great--i have learned so much about mopeds and two-stokes just by reading posts, wiki, etc.,

as vlado says, 'read, tinker, learn".

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account