wiring issues.. starting over?

how difficult would anyone here think it would be to either completely re-wire the electronics in my honda pa50II or have someone do it for me? everything (healdight, brakelight/taillight, turn signals) are so sketchy and im getting sick of things freaking out on me... there are too many wires and connections and i dont understand elec. stuff too well. suggestions anyone?? anyone wanna come to cincinnati and help!? =]

Re: wiring issues.. starting over?

Ron Brown /

Casey,

This is a good learning opportunity. Even old japanese electrics can be solid as a rock with just a little help.

Make sure all of the bullet conectors are clean and tight, you can squeeze the barrels slightly so the bullets fit better. Do them one at a time so you don't get lost. Spray all your switches with wd40 once a year, or more often if your ped lives outside.

Ron

thanks ron.. im just getting a little freaked. you mean i should spray inside the switches with wd40? that wont harm the connections or anything?

there are just so many damn wires in the honda pa50II... and i tried (what i thought to be) everything last night... im gonna mess with it some more tonight, though... ill keep posting back.

What happened to the colors ?

The wiring on all Jap bikes are color coded.

That should be a good start if you've already unplugged a bunch of them.

Ron wouldn't have told you to spray them with WD40 if it was going to hurt them.

It keeps things from corroding as fast.

Ron Brown /

Casey,

Yes, squirt ir in around the switch levers so it gets inside and then work them and wipe off the excess.

I have used wd40 on motorcycle switches for about 25 years and none of them have failed. Even on bikes with notoriously unreliable switches.

Ron

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account