stock exaust, attn: dave1

cosmo owner /

I have a cosmo stinger 2001, same as the Avanti Supersport 2001. I noticed in that last thread about the 65cc kits that Dave1 said the stock exaust is extremely restrictive. So, to dave1 or anyone else who knows about these peds: Is it possible to modify the interior of the exaust pipe to make it less restrictive? Also, how did you get e end cap off of the stock exaust? I tried taking it off after taking out the 3 little screws and it didn't budge... thanks

ps. .. any leads on a better pipe for avantis, coming soon?

Re: stock exaust, attn: dave1

I too am an owner of the Avanti 2001 Cosmo, Ive had many people tell me that my stock exhaust is restricive, but can find any newer better pipes...

Ive been searching for anything, however, my seach still ends with nothing... Ive also heard that the Chrome one-piece solid chrom pipes on the Super sport bikes are better than the Black/Chrome combination pipes on the Cosmo's.....

-J

You might be able to midify a two peace biturbo pipe for a Tomos but that would envolve cutting your original pipe (it would really suck to cut it and then the whole thing not work). Another step would be to have a welding shop cut your original moped pipe apart (in half at the seams of the expansion chamber) and gut any restrictors out. If you can get the cap off of the baffle, you could probably find a lot of the restriction in there. That would be the easiest place for the manufacturer to put the restriction so that it could be sold as a 30mph bike.

Jamie

Dave I is in Africa right now and hasn't been able to get his Supersport looked at by the dealer concerning his tranny lock-up.He wrote me on Moped2.org the other day.I doubt he gets the chance to talk on the forums much.

He should really look at that lock up as possibly a problem with his rear brake... I had that same problem, and had to completewly dissassemble the rear end to fix it, just enough to get it to my local dealer....

No Josh,it's probably in the tranny is what he says.They have a problem of the rubber spacers falling apart and jamming the tranny inside.Full story in August's and September's posta on www.moped2.org `moped forum'.See Sean and DaveI and `NillaDog's posts,among others.

cosmo owner /

I had a tranny lock up problem... Ended up taking the gearbox cover off to find pieces of rubber jammed in and around the gears. The rubber was from a spacer inside the clutch that had apparently split and worked its way to the gears. I bought a new one for $20.00. I think this happened because there wasn't enough oil in the gearbox.

After you take the 3 screws out you need to get something to grip the small little pipe that exits throught the chrome rear plate. You have to pull hard and once you got it out partially you can rotate it back and forth slightly until it starts to work it's way out then one final good hard pull on it got it removed...It is an awful kind of contraption...I did try running it without the baffle like suggested but speed was about the same and the "NOISE" generated would alert the cops a mile a way...

Looking further unto the pipe revealed more convulutions...Although you need back pressure in a pipe for the engine to make proper power...I think there was absolutely no engineering design on this pipe other than to make it quiet and cheap...Back in October the guy who runs MOPEDWAREHOUSE said in their forum there was a pipe coming out for the GARELLI...He knew I was asking about the Supersport so I assume he thought it would fit that model...I told him to let me know when he got them...He has not written back as of yet so I assume he hasn't gotten them yet...

On BITURBO Pipes...Does anybody know where BITURBO pipes are made??

I've tried to find a WebPage for the manufacturer in the past but came up empty...Only found moped dealers selling the BITURBO...I think there would be alot of interest in a BITURBO pipe for the Supersport/Autopower models...

cosmo owner /

yeah, if they came out with a bi turbo for the avanti supersport, i'd buy it in a heartbeat.

look on ebay there are 2 for sale garelli is the same as avanti or cosmo its the same engine and muffler.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1036675081

you may have to modify it a little to get it on but oh well thats half the fun

I just got an email from an Avanti Dealer I had written several months ago...

He was telling me they just got the speed kits in (65cc cylinder, piston, bigger jet and a larger intake filter)...He said they expect a performance exhaust in about a month or so...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account