Disc brakes, electric start

How hard would it be to put disc brakes and an electric start on a moped? Would it be so expensive that it wouldn't even be worth it? I also saw a post a week or 2 ago about replacing standard points with electric ones...has anybody ever done this? Thanks in advance.

Vespalad

Re: Disc brakes, electric start

Ron Brown /

Vespa,

You seem to be persistent about this question so here goes.

Disk brakes should be easy enough, just find a new moped with a compatible front end and swap it into yours. By this I mean the front forks, wheel and probably the brake control.

Electric start is just as easy. Find a moped with electric start and a compatible engine with electric start and a good charging system and swap it into your ped. Oh, I forgot, then find someplace to stash the battery.

: )

Ron

do any mopeds have electric start?

My Honda Passport has electric start, and I love it. It's not a moped though, more of a motorcycle, but one hell of a comfortable ride.

Re: Rons rightDisc brakes, electric start

Vespa, you'd pretty much have to use already manufactured parts unless you own a junkyard, and even then you probably couldnt justify the time and cost of creating you own parts.....ie it would be cheaper to buy a scooter with kick and electric on Ebay

Re: Rons rightDisc brakes, electric start

Thats what I figured, but wanted some more opinions on the subject. I love my Vespa peds, and would love to up grade to disc brakes and button start. Shit, maybe I will end up with a tomos revival after all...

Points/CDI Swap.

Reeperette /

>>I also saw a post a week or 2 ago about replacing standard points with electric ones...has anybody ever done this?<<

Yep, it works on Tomos flawlessly, any model to any model, even different engine types.

-R

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account