Re: Avanti supersport 65 cc kit problems

Jimmy /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi

I just got the Avanti 65cc kit from Andy's also, and am using the old stock carb..... their repairman put the kit in for me... I got my bike home and rode it for 100 miles and saw no increase in power...and, everytime I went uphill the motor would overheat and konk out.... but now I have found out the problem..I know he meant well, but he put a hotter sparkplug in my motor and it was causing it to overheat.... I went to an autoparts store and found a colder NGK B7HS plug.... I am still mixing in extra oil and trying not to run it at full throttle.... so far on my long morning work commutes I am getting about a 5 mile an hour increase on the flats to about 40mph and downhill she can go up to 50mph... I've also got nearly 5 ounces of oil to gallon just during this break-in period..I am still keeping the throttle down and hope that after the break-in I can make the mix leaner and the motor performance gets even better.... At first, I was very unhappy with the kit, thinking that my motor might meltdown....but now with the colder plug it seems that the bike is getting quicker....perhaps a bigger carb is next ??? :)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account