Re: Avanti supersport 65 cc kit problems

DaveI /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Where did you get the 65cc kit? I had the 65cc kit put on by Steve's Mopeds in DuMont NJ. I have had problems with the clutch lockup like others but the engine is running fine. The cylinder I got I was told came direct from Avanti. Also I had an AMAL carburetor put on mine. I can say that TOP SPEED has not increased on the flat ground but has significantly increased going down hill...I blame the lack of increase in Top Speed due to the fact that although the cylinder is bigger and I have a better carburetor that the Stock Pipe is the limiting factor on Top Speed. If you take the stock pipe apart you will see it is very convuluted. It looks like a performance pipe from the outside but is anything but that when you investigate the inside...I'm hoping a pipe will be out for it by next spring...Also regarding speed...Although my top speed has not increased take off and pickup to top speed has improved dramatically and the engine is very torquey now (Another reason I think the top speed limit is due to the pipe)...Only downside is that the 65cc cylinder has made the bike extremely BUZZY (Lots of vibration)...

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account