whats the story about the Avanti and faulty

B Perkins /

transmissions?. I knew there is an issue and saw your comment Don.

Re: whats the story about the Avanti and faulty

cosmo owner /

I have a Cosmo Stinger 2001, exact same bike as the Avanti Supersport. I experienced rear wheel lock up and couldn't get the rear wheel to move so I had to take the gearbox case off and look at the clutch. Turned out that there was a big washer that went around the inside of the clutch and it had worn apart and got stuck in the gears. I believe that all this happened because the bike had very little oil in the gearbox. I got a replacement part, installed it, put oil in the gearbox and haven't had problems since. So mabye this problem because people don't put oil in their gearboxes? Mabye not...

supersports do not come with transmission fluid in the you need to put in 350ml of 10W-40 and that ill solve the problem

Did you take the bike back to the dealer when that happened? Or just fix it yourself? If that happened to me, I would be so pissed!!! Cant the dealer be held accountable for something like that? Especially if you got injured when your wheel locked up...

B Perkins /

glad my Kinetic doesn't have that problem . . . . .

B Perkins /

I agree & would be totally P'o'ed as well.

Barb,I've been following this as I WAS very interested in purchasing an Autopower.I read many,many posts and have come to the conclusion that I won't buy one until there is a `concrete solution' and no `half-baked' theories.I am cautious by nature and never buy a new type product until it is tried and true.I DO KNOW of SEVERAL rear wheel lock-ups and that is enough of a deterrent for me.WHEN Avanti comes out with an explanation of why(and I don't accept totally the lack of lubrication theory)I will almost ceratinly purchase one.That is,if it's classified as a true moped in Ohio and I would not be required to get a Motorcycle endorsement.Barbara,why don't you e-mail twein@bright.net and ask him what he's found out.He's the dealer who stuggled with Avanti for Sean and got his parts as quickly as possible.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account