70cc performance kit

<HTML>i am questioning as to whether or not i should drop an additional $350 (from ww.themopedjunkyard.com or from www.stevesmoped.com) for a 21cc upgrade on my 92 tomos golden bullet ttlx. salesman says it will go an additional 12-20 mph faster and will have substantial increase in acceleration. that sounds really really tempting. i was just wondering if anyone else has heard of or has one of these jobs installed on their ped and what they think of them. let me know. if i had my credit cards on me i would have already had it ordered. i'm already $1500 in debt. shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

tanks

dave</HTML>

RE: 70cc performance kit

<HTML>Do it. You will luagh your ass off. I did a Puch and have no regrets. Watch putting the rings on the piston though.

dave wrote:

-------------------------------

i am questioning as to whether or not i should drop an additional $350 (from ww.themopedjunkyard.com or from www.stevesmoped.com) for a 21cc upgrade on my 92 tomos golden bullet ttlx. salesman says it will go an additional 12-20 mph faster and will have substantial increase in acceleration. that sounds really really tempting. i was just wondering if anyone else has heard of or has one of these jobs installed on their ped and what they think of them. let me know. if i had my credit cards on me i would have already had it ordered. i'm already $1500 in debt. shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

tanks

dave</HTML>

<HTML>Getting a bigger cilynder and piston will really boost power, but what you should also consider is a bigger carburettor. If you have a bigbore-kit in combination with a tiny carb, you wont get much extra power out of it. Upgrading my 50cc fourstroke from a 12mm carb to a 16mm gave me 20 extra kph, that's about 12-13 Mph. Most people with the same moped as mine have a 19mm. When you're getting a bigger carb, be sure it comes with a good manifold, a manifold that's too small will render a bigger carb useless. When you get a bigger cilynder and piston, you should also get the right cilynderhead to go with that size. a 70cc with 70-head and 19 or 20 mm. carb will go almost twice as fast as a 50cc with a 10 or 12 mm. carb. (well, with my bike it does, I have a 1974 Honda SS50)

Also after installing all this, you should get a race-exhaust, because the exhaust will then be the part holding you're bike back the most.

Other things to do would be installing an advancing ignition and a race-crankshaft, and ofcourse yanking out all the restroctors.

P.S. If they ask $350 , they're really ripping you off !! $100 for the cilynder and $80 - $100 for the piston, no more.</HTML>

<HTML>Sorry for the typo, restrictors in stead of restroctors.

I don't type English every day you know.</HTML>

RJ peters /

<HTML>I have a 99 tomos and got the kit and it rips i can pull a wheelie at 50 mph and i love it My hole kit was $350 carb, pipe, head, jug,piston, All to do the job.. </HTML>

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account