RE: Spedometer/Odometer Trouble

Ivo /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

<HTML>I've had the same problem on my Honda ss50, my first thought was the spedometer but it was ok. So I thought it was the cable, wasn't it, the problem is inside your front wheel. Insinde the wheel there's a gear with a metal clip on it that's fals into the wheelcasing so when the wheel turns, the gear turns. (the gear drives the cable) The problem was that the clip was worn loose from the gear over the years so I bent it back to shape (like Dave did), but the problem returned after 2 weeks, so the best thing to do is get a new gear and clip.

Some mopeds have a plastic gear, if yours does it could also be that the gear itself is worn.

P.S. Use coppergrease on your axel, DON'T use lithiumgrease, that turns to glue after a while. I found that out the hard way.</HTML>

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Spedometer/Odometer TroubleTopic by: Tom Cavnar Tom Cavnar 05/08/00 04:18PM
  RE: Spedometer/Odometer TroubleRe: Jim C. Jim C. 05/09/00 12:32AM
  RE: Spedometer/Odometer TroubleRe: dave dave 05/09/00 08:52PM
  RE: Spedometer/Odometer TroubleRe: Ivo Ivo 05/10/00 10:27AM
  RE: Spedometer/Odometer TroubleRe: tom tom 08/06/00 07:35PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account