taking the end cap off of the stock exaust

cosmo owner /

I have a Cosmo Stinger '01, same as the Avanti Supersport. Anyone know how to get the end of the exaust pipe off? (the 8" long silver part that caps off the exaust pipe) I want to get it off to see if I can make my ped go a little faster. any suggestions? specific instructions??? thanks

Thats a 50cc isn't it?

B Perkins /

I s/w the guy from http://www.menintools.com who said that they say they are 50. (he said he doesn't modify them) but in actually they are 70cc. He buys them from Cosmo motors in Hatboro. Cosmo says they are strictly a 50cc. I'm not sure if the guy at menintools is full of it. I was considering selling my Kinetic and buying one. He has them so cheap. So what do you think of the bike? Menintools said it would go 45mph and cosmo said only 33 unless you buy the 70cc kit.

sorry I have no info about taking the cap off.

Re: Thats a 50cc isn't it?

cosmo owner /

yeah, it's a great bike,not quite as peppy as a tomos targa with bi-turbo, but alot more stable and roomy. Whoever says they come stock as 70cc is lying, they're definately 49/50cc bikes. The top speed on a flat is about 40 and down a hill about 45mph. are you looking to buy a used one or a new one?

actually I have a 2001 TFR

B Perkins /

which I will probably stick with for the moment. I thought the Stinger looked really good though, so if it actually was a 70cc I was considering selling my TFR to buy it.

Really though I want a 125 or 150cc.

Re: taking the end cap off of the stock exaust

well with that exaust it is pretty restrictive. but not as much as the little black one on the other avanti's you can take off the chrome tip by unscrewing the three screws at the base and then inside there is a cap on the end. you can unscrew then there are 2 8mm bolts on the sides holding the baffle in you can take those out and pull the baffle out then you can ride around like that and see what happens.

Re: taking the end cap off of the stock exaust

cosmo owner /

I tried unscrewing those three screws but it wouldn't budge.. is this just a matter of jarring it loose or is there some other trick to it??

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account