honda melody - faster ?

"Does anyone know if you can fit a larger carb to Melody as it gets to 30 mph and then that's it, it feels like carb is holding it back.<br> Thanks Paul"

Re: honda melody - faster ?

What is a honda melody? what year? My 1980 honda pa50 craps out the same way.

sean edwards /

: D

sean eddie /

": Does anyone know if you can fit a larger carb to Melody as it gets to 30 mph and then that's it, it feels like carb is holding it back.<br>: Thanks Paul<p> you can fir a honda vison carb on to a honda melody it may look to big but<br> bileave me it just about fits all so file the ports out on it <br> and replace all the engine gaskets it makes it go much faster<br> but i put new piston,rings,little end brearings<br> in it and it went much better.<p> by the way do you want to sell your moped <br> because i am looking for a honda melody. "

Paul Stevens /

": : Does anyone know if you can fit a larger carb to Melody as it gets to 30 mph and then that's it, it feels like carb is holding it back.<br>: : Thanks Paul<p>: you can fir a honda vison carb on to a honda melody it may look to big but<br>: bileave "

gaz atkinson /

ive got a melody its got the same prob cruises at 25 mph flat out at 32mph next weekend im gonna get the head skimmed 0.5mm open the reeds out new piston and rings a vision 80 carb and rais the exhaust port and take all the guts out the exaust if you have any ideas please contaact me for help or the discuss bye gaz!!!!!<br>

"Honda Melody's are designed to go 30MPH this is why they only have 50cc engines, they are restrected to 30MPH for the simple fact that the engine was not designed to go any faster, reboring the cyender will snap the con rod, dont try to make it go faster, it wont like you for it and will probelbly blow up ! ! !<br>"

Adam Rhoden /

":::: I just got a honda melody and i've managed to get 40 mph out of it . Its X-reg but only done 2430 miles .<p><p>: : : Does anyone know if you can fit a larger carb to Melody as it gets to 30 mph and then that's it, it feels like carb is holding it bac"

Paul Stevens /

: ive got a melody its got the same prob cruises at 25 mph flat out at 32mph next weekend im gonna get the head skimmed 0.5mm open the reeds out new piston and rings a vision 80 carb and rais the exhaust port and take all the guts out the exaust if you have any ideas please contaact me for help or the discuss bye gaz!!!!!<p>well did you have any luck improving it!<p>

Got one called a tact? got to short key to get going do I need to short 2 or 3 wires Please email at email address Jak_3@ureach.com

allo can u elp i bort a melody off me mate and theres no effin keys wot wires do i need to connect to hot wire it im new to the world of mopeds but it all sounds funn anyway plezzz emailme and give sum extra tips if yu no any cheers.......

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account