Making the ped louder?

What would I have to do to the biturbo on my ttlx to make it louder? Also, will it reduce any performance and/or hurt the engine?

Re: Making the ped louder?

If you take the baffle out and open the baffle up a little(the holes that are in the baffle), it will make it louder. Your motor needs a little back pressure to work correctly. Aside from cutting the pipe in the middle, you should be fine. You might want to get another baffle to work with (if they are not too much)

kinda sand/file/ream out the holes a little to open them up some. The only problem with changing something like that is that once you did it, you cannot undo it.

Jamie

Hello, On the biturbo, just take the packing out and put the cap and spring back on, its (packing) needs to be changed after awhile, it gets oil soaked and nasty. (packing $6-$9) Doug D,

I'm sorry, he did say in plain english, BiTurbo. I for some reason was thinking stock.

I guess that I am so anctiouse to get my BiTurbo pipe in that I just read right past the important part.

Mine should be in any day!!!!!

Jamie

Crisis--Cincinnati /

I just got a biturbo and it sounds sweet. I think that they are loud enough, but that is just my opinion.

Ron Brown /

Chris,

As your hearing deteriorates from the noise, you will have to make it louder to stay even. : )

Ron

That's a good point,Ron.I put a windshield on my Sebring the other day,and it's reflecting the engine noise up to my formerly quiet environment.Trying to solve that now `cause I need the windshield for cold weather trips.Makes a WHALE of a difference in cold weather comfort!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account