Question on mo-ped

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question. On my mo-ped, on the end of the muffler is a silencer that is held in place with a nut. Its a cap that goes over the muffler that narrows it down to about the size of a pencil. I took it off the other day and it sounded like a pimped out Honda Civic. It was cool. Now my question is, is this bad for it? Will it like create a hot spot or anything on the piston with less back pressure?

I haven done it alot. I didnt know if it was bad. THats why im askin,

THanks guys,

Trac Man

Re: Question on mo-ped

no it won't do anything bad to the piston or engine in any way just make it really loud which is awsome

SWEEEEET

SWEEEET. Im gonna cruse down the block next time and see the looks on people faces when they hear this beast comming :)

Thanks,

Trac Man

Ron Brown /

Trac,

The real answer is, maybe.

If there is no perceptible change in performance then it is probably ok. You could do a plug chop with and withaout and know for sure.

Ron

Jon Dalton /

You want to be careful on a 2-stroke which needs back pressure in order not to burn out the piston, but some moped exhausts are made way smaller than they should be to reduce top speed. The pencil-size hole is a good example. Doing something to the exhaust might not be that effective until you do something to the carburetor, if they've made that too small as well. The carburetor will be what limits air flow and the exhaust will mostly just be louder.

Ron Brown /

John,

From Trac's post:

> I took it off the other day and it sounded like a pimped out Honda Civic. It was cool.

From your post:

> and the exhaust will mostly just be louder

Sounds to me like this adds up. : )

Ron

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account