Ttlx Is a Great Bike...BUT

God damn it, this is the third fucking time I have to replace the blinkers...I swear, if the wind blows to hard, they break. (not literelly, bit of exageration) My cousin went to turn the bike, and gave it to much gas with the handle bar turned all the way...He fell to the side, the bike fell on him, and he caught it, but the right blinkers and front and back touched the ground, and snap they go. Third time they broke, and this is the first crash the bike has had -_-.

By the way...

Anybody have any spare blinker caps, or a whole blinker set they'd like to sell? lol...

Re: Ttlx Is a Great Bike...BUT

Reeperette /

Yeah, well....the turn signals on the TTLX rarely DO ever work, and all too often they get cracked into things, or smashed to bits on a soft-drop of the bike....or even (and this has happened to me) smashed to flinders by a bus passing way too damn close....said bus now having chain marks down one side....

One of the other all-time favorite bitches of Tomos owners is getting the $^#%$& carb out, since you hafta dismount the trans somewhat to do it, and getting the rubber boot to mate ends with the airbox isn't so fun neither.

The kickstand, of course, drags, and prolly always will, and whoever designed the wiring harness was smoking something.

And, of course, the exhaust baffle which plugs up at the slightest hint of carbon.

Even with all the "known flaws" however, the Tomos is a solid piece of work, and has some serious upside to it as well, like ease of modification and availability of parts.

One of my main favorite points in that is the fact that it will run in 20 below temperatures, usually starting within three kicks, and livin in michigan, that's pretty nice.

-R

If you ride your moped at -20 in Michigan---you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. Ken

No doubt!!

I left out this moring with a light frost on the ground and thought my hands were going to flake off. I live in a warmer climate nut will have to get some cold weather gear. If it ever got to -20 here, I would have to use one or two of my sick days at work!!

Jamie

So, I'm buying a brand new TTLX this weekend... good idea?

_wal

Reeperette /

Yes, as is a service contract if you can get one...well worth the price, and a nice insurance against any assembly line problems you find during shakedown.

enjoy!

-R

Thanks for the tip... would be nice to extend the 6 month/4,000 mile waranty.

_wal

So how much is a new ttlx??

Jamie, I got a thermal hunting suit from K-Mart for 65 bucks and gloves and a neck cover(with pull string) from Lands End , they work pretty good up here in NC,,

I may end up doing the same thing. I went by Wall Mart and picked up some ski gloves.

I have a two layered jacket/coat that I was given when I was at Sunbelt Rentals as a salesman. It is pretty thick and has a thin hood along with a strap to pull the collar close around the neck. It doesn't help my legs though. It seems that I remember the top of my legs when sitting on a bike were the problem spot for me in the past when I used to drive around on a motorcycle. A friend of mine uses a thermal hunting suit in the winter when he rides. No cracks between the layers. You find the week spots in your outfit real fast when its cold enough outside. I have to wear dress shoes to work so I think that I will have to address that issue to. My ankles are going to be exposed to the cold with thin dress socks as the only protection.

Maybe I do need to take a look at the thermal hunting suit. It certainly wont hurt. thanks for the suggestion.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account