Re: ATTENTION STREETMATE OWNERS!READ THIS!!!

Matthew Westberg /

Jeez david, that's horrible. Take care of yourself dammit, I don't want your next post to be your wife on your account giving us an invitation to your funeral! How long are you off the ankle? Maybe I can come and visit when my engine's broken in (bike comes on tuesday, I get the first Streetmate in Canada and I'm obviously following the proceedings here with great interest!) if my exhaust survives that is.

I don't have any welding tools and I'm very, very bad at it, so it'll have to be a shop that does it for me or a new pipe. Although for the first time this happens I can probably get a new pipe out of Mr. Moped.

I think it's retardulous that the Tomos exhausts are welded totally shut... my old moby pipe parts bolt together (well, you can take the end off anyway, but that's more than sufficient) and get at the inside without actually cutting the damned thing open.

That looked disgusting.

DannyMoped07

Yes the head does help, as well as just replacing the intake pipe. The problem lies as follows:

the air comes in here ->

________-----_____--\__

----------____-------__/-

Normally an intake pipe is the same diameter all the way through. The A55 ones are like this though. See how the hole is one size, then gets bigger, then smaller, then big again, then smaller, and yet smaller? Shaun has just been cutting something on the stock tube to help. But the upgrade kit has helped fix the bugs on the running bikes and Tomos is having the dealers install them on the unsold bikes also.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

http://www.pollutionengineering.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/features/BNP__Features__Item/0,6649,127948,00.html -- This was posted before but if you didn't read it then, read it now as this is the wave of the future. Woe is us. Jim.

I'm having a bad day. Sorry. Jim

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=1&i=169995&t=169310 FYI, READ THIS THREAD ON CATALYTIC CONVERTERS. jIM

Benny Mnich /

Here's the pipe on the Kinetic moped. It's a 2 piece pipe with a cat in it. Just unbolt the pipe and pull out the cat. Tomos can do the same thing. See Attachment.

#47 03543270 inlet tube assembly

#51 03444660 Silencer assembly with baffle

#62 13225090 catalytic converter dia 33 x 60 duly flanged

1117474960_untitled_small.jpg

Hey Benny, If the very inexpensive Kinetic can build it then the very expensive Tomos could do the same. Jim.

the "converters" arent the same. the ones on a tomos are welded the hell in there REAL good.

Benny Mnich /

>the &quot;converters&quot; arent the same. the ones on a tomos are welded the hell in there REAL good.<

I know. What I'm saying is Tomos can build a 2 piece pipe where the customer can just pull the converter out.

i wish lol! that would be awesome. maby ike should talk to tomos about this?

Matthew Westberg /

No more news on this? There's a few posters that I'm quite surprised we haven't seen comments from yet. Must have taken one of those 'extra'-long weekends ;)

Re: do all 2005 a55's get the fix

I'm wondering if any 2005 bike would get the fix, my warrantys out but I have a new a55

I didn't get the arrow from a dealer but as a new bike through private sale

I just bought a tomos bullet and I didn't get manual with it so I contacted dealer who I bought it from [Mr. Moped in Oakville] and he mailed it out to me. I haven't filled out the warranty card yet. I didn't know about Freddie when I bought mine. I am 57 year old women who hasn't got a clue about the engines, etc. and technical stuff so if and when I have a problem I hope I can contact some of you guys to help me.. My tomos bullet does seem to run rougher than when I first got it,??? I have under 300 klms on it, still breaking it in--use senthetic oil. Do I have the kind of exhaust you guys are talking about on the streetmate??? don't know who I can get to work on mine in my area--Belleville, Ontario

not even sure on how to post messages on this forum but after reading this stuf about the new mopeds and problems hope someone can email me at laurajoand@yahoo.ca and fill me in better. Perhaps mine would be covered under warranty--only got it about 3 weeks ago.---haven't sent warranty card in yet???better do that pronto

See Ya Moped Army /

This is the reason why I only buy and ride old mopeds.

well MoPedLar that is just great if one, you can find an old moped, two , if you know how to work /fix them, or have a spouse./friend/or someone who can work on them or fix them so anyone else a middle aged women who likes a moped but doesn't know how to fix them !!!!!thanks moped army for any support or help/comments. keep smiling and riding --really enjopying my moped

See Ya Moped Army /

Laura, I hear what you're saying. Too bad you don't live in NJ or OH. There are no shortage of old mopeds here, as well as people who like to work on them, like myself.

Timmy Southpark /

I'm assuming you bought the tomos brand new. If it is a new tomos, its actually called the sprint. The bullits were the older models with a different engine. I would recommend calling it a sprint so people know what kind of parts you need and dont give you something that doesnt work.

And dont worry about the exhaust, as far as i know you have the standard a35 pipe on yours. The streetmate is like the luxry tomos moped. You bike shouldnt have a cat-converter nor have these problems. The only thing about your pipe is it is very restritive. Thats like the slowest pipe tomos ever made, but it works fine.

true

thanks Jimmy---yes I beleive it has the A35 engine now that I look at a print out off the net---In Ontario Canada I don't think we can get the sprint model now??? I ask about it when I was trying to buy---it was the least expensive, the one I got is new, and the place I got it from over the net, is Mr. Moped out of Oakville, [wish I had known about this forum would have bought from Freddie} I think the sprints didn't have signal lights, or something that we have to have buy law in Ontario. They look the same to me, just some signal lights added, brake lights, etc. and he did tellme it is a bullet???

Thanks for telling me it has the a35 engine...we are not allowed to go over 30 miles per hour or we have to have a motorcycle license

My 2000 targa was listed as a bullet, I didn't know it was a targa until it was shipped to me. I was still happy but my friends kept asking what language 'targa' was and if it meant bullet.

I don't know why the confusion though

Has anyone contacted Tomos USA about this problem?

Timmy Southpark /

I dunno... as far as i know the bullet was discountied in like 93 or so. I thought they only made sprints and targas. Hmmm

in canada their called the tomos bullet.

about the pipe....I e-mailed ike talking about it. he forwarded my e-mail with ALL the pics i took to tomos. we will wait and persue this untill it's reconsiled. i think that it's only fair they send me a FREE non-cat perf pipe or pay for a bullet pipe. we will see...................................................

Matthew Westberg /

I still want to know what's in the perf pipe... if there's a cat in there, yes or no. I know the damn thing weighs twice as much as an ordinary A55 pipe...

i didnt know that!! WOW!! twice the weight?? wonder why. the perf pipe isnt supposed to have a cat in it. hmmmm............

Matthew Westberg /

Dude, it's WAY heavy compared the stock pipe.

I'm REALLY curious as to what the hell's inside.

me and you both lol!! dang...aint got one of those to chop open lol! i hope tomos does somethign to reconsile for their f*** up! or i'll be paying the tomos head quarters in NC a visit!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account