YAMAHA QT 50

I JUST BOUGHT A YAMAHA QT 50 AND IT DOES NOT HAVE TO HAVE A GAS AND OIL MIX. MY QUESTION IS HOW MUCH OIL DO YOU YOU NEED TO PUT IN THE SIDE OF THE MOTOR WHERE THE OIL GOES.

Re: YAMAHA QT 50

You fill it to the top, it's oil injected, so you can't put too much in it, and the light on the dash will turn red when your low on oil.

Hey mike,

Can you give me an idea what a QT 50 in nice shape is worth? I've seen a lot of them around campgrounds and I'd love to have one. Ken

Mike...

It sounds like you are talking about 2 things. The oil for the engine is supplied by the oil injection pump from the oil tank under the seat, as Chad states. The transmission/gearcase oil is filled on the right hand side of the engine thru a hole with a nylon plug. It is marked "300 cm3". This is 300 cc's or about 10 oz. (1/3 qt.). I put 80 wt. gear oil in mine, although it may like something thinner (20w-50, etc.) if you live where it gets cold. I live in Florida, so the thicker stuff is fine here.

Dave

PS: I'm looking for an owners manual and/or a service manual for a QT-50. Anyone have either that you could copy for me?

Thanks.

Dave

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account