Cimatti Pic

Hello:

I finally got a pic back of my mo-ped I was hoping somenody might know what kind of cimatti it is also not in the pic there's a little cargo hold that bolts onto the seat post thats about the size of half a loaf of bread that I took off to do some paint color testing.

Thank you any help would be great

Aaron

Mo-ped.JPG

Re: Cimatti Pic

Could that be the Cimatti Town bike?I'll tell you,Aaron,it has a striking similarity to a Cosmo colt with a Minarelli instead of Franco-Morini.

Could that be the Cimatti Town bike?I'll tell you,Aaron,it has a striking similarity to a Cosmo colt with a Minarelli instead of Franco-Morini.Also resembles the Safari I've seen.

I should probably mention cimatti is painted on the back of the seat cusion and the motor guard is topped with rubber with Cimatti molded into that as well as the other stickers all being cimatti. As you all probably all can tell from the pic it does have a motori minareli engine.

yep, cimatti used minarelli engines. that might be the town bike ... not sure what that looked like. but it's not a city bike or a twin sport.

It was also originally bought in Canada if that might help someone out

That bike is a Cimatti Gran Prix XL. Should be red. It Is missing the footboards. Yes Minarelli 1.1 horsepower. Probable manufacture date 1981 +/-. I've got one in almost immaculate shape. Has a closing toolbox on the right side. Stainless fenders. Very smart looking bike when restored.Good luck!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account