what material can i use for my bi turbo muffler

what kind of material can i use to repack my biturbo mufller my material kinda got destroyed

Re: what material can i use for my bi turbo muffle

fiberglass building insulation (the fluffy pink or yellow stuff inside the walls of most houses)

it is not as good as the tougher stuff made for dirtbikes... but it is usually free...there ought to be a lot of wasted insulation at any new house construction site...grab a wad... just jam a bunch of it in and recap it

what do you mean, repack??

The pre-formed replacement packing is only $8 or $9 --- But if your broke, you use what you can--- Doug D.

Chris--cincinnati /

Mine was shipped to me with paper stuffed all around it. Didn't get a dent. Just make sure that you insure your shipment. They tend to treat those packages with a little more care.

Ron Brown /

Chris,

Good one!

Read the first of this thread, I'm mot sure paper would muffle the sound much but the flames from the tailpipe would be impressive. : )

Ron

the BEST thing to use to repack the biturbo or any muffler with a silencer is fine grade steel wool it works the same and lasts a very long time.

also do you gain power or speed by reppacking it if you never had any?

Chris--Cincinnati /

I wasn't aware that there was packing in there? Does it come packed, stock? What exactley is it for? I thought we were talking about shipping the damn thing. Oops. :)

Ron Brown /

Chris,

Its basically a "glass pack". Just some fiberglass around the innards to reduce the noise a bit.

Ron

Go to any dirtbike or motocross shop and ask for muffler repacking, cut the packing to the length of the gold part of the biturbo and wrap the packing around the core(the long part with holes in it) and then use wire or duct tape to keep it wrapped. MAKE SURE YOU WEAR GLOVES!!!! i repacked the muffler on my dirtbike last year without gloves and my hands and wrists itched like crazy for about 2 days. As for performence, you probly wont notice much, maybe a little more bottem end.

A little trick for people with fairly tough skin is this:Take some auto polish or car wax and rub your hands and lower arms with it before doing anything with an irritant like fiberglass packing.It will keep the irritants from entering your pores while you're working,and regular HAND CLEANER (Go-Jo,etc.) will remove it when you're done.Will even keep Poison ivy out for a while.This is not for delicate skinned people.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account