Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!

Joel /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Take your tank off the bike. Put about 3-4cups of pea gravel in your tank with like a whole can of carb cleaner and another can of engine degreaser. I have used a little black sand blasting sand too. Shake the hell out of it numerous times. Keep shaking for 15-20 minutes. Your arms will get tired and you will have to stop and start again. This will be a good workout too. This will loosen all the crap up that is stuck to the inside. Empty all this stuff out and then rinse it thoughly with soap and water. Keep rinsing until ALL particles are out. Then blow it dry with an air hose or a hair dryer. Then take the petcock off and take it apart and clean it too. I have used this technique with 100% success on every cycle tank that needed a good cleaning including my Magnum. It won't work on step through models though. Unless your a gorilla and can shake the whole bike. If done correctly, your tank will sparkle inside. And, you will not have to keep cleaning the rust out of your petcock. The other thing you can do is install a clear in-line filter to monitor your success. It may seem a little radical but it works and it costs very little. Good Luck

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Topic by: Anthony Anthony 11/05/01 08:12PM
  Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Re: Mike (MA) Mike (MA) 11/05/01 10:24PM
  Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Re: Joel Joel 11/05/01 11:01PM
  Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Re: Mike (MA) Mike (MA) 11/06/01 10:20AM
  Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Re: Jamie Jamie 11/05/01 10:43PM
  Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/06/01 11:28AM
  Re: TransmissionRe: Brian Brian 11/06/01 12:30PM
  Thanks Everyone!!Re: Anthony Anthony 11/06/01 03:52PM
  Re: Thanks Everyone!!Re: Roger Roger 11/06/01 07:50PM
  Bending the rimRe: Anthony Anthony 11/06/01 08:44PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account