Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!

Mike (MA) /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

HI Anthony,

I just posted the same "shift adjustment" question this weekend. My 2 speed shifts too early. One fella said if the ATF level is wrong, this would affect it. Mine's ok however. It's supposed to be up to the side-plug level. So I still don't know what I can do to adjust mine.

Concerning the tank rust, there are lots of posts in the archive. They cover the spectrum of advice on this. I've used the Kreem kit of acid/acetone/sealer-paint on a motorcycle tank, and it worked very well. But it was alot of work, and I clogged the 2 ports at the bottom lobes of the tank w/ the paint, which was a hassle. On my Puch tank, I wanted to forgoe the effort and cost of the Kreem kit, so I tried Naval jelly (any hardware store) diluted w/ 25% water. I left it in for 2 hours, and it did almost nothing. If you go that route, plan on overnight-2-3 days. If I was going to do it all again, I'd spend the $30 on the Kreem Kit and do it right.

-Mike

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Topic by: Anthony Anthony 11/05/01 08:12PM
  Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Re: Mike (MA) Mike (MA) 11/05/01 10:24PM
  Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Re: Joel Joel 11/05/01 11:01PM
  Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Re: Mike (MA) Mike (MA) 11/06/01 10:20AM
  Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Re: Jamie Jamie 11/05/01 10:43PM
  Re: PUCH MAGNUM FUEL TANK RUST!!Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/06/01 11:28AM
  Re: TransmissionRe: Brian Brian 11/06/01 12:30PM
  Thanks Everyone!!Re: Anthony Anthony 11/06/01 03:52PM
  Re: Thanks Everyone!!Re: Roger Roger 11/06/01 07:50PM
  Bending the rimRe: Anthony Anthony 11/06/01 08:44PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account