Custom Mopeds

Pimpin' Clyde /

<HTML>Anyone out there customize their moped? (changing pedals, decals, swamping parts, etc.) I'd like to hear some ideas, and see some examples, if you got pictures.</HTML>

RE: Custom Mopeds

<HTML>I am building a custom garelli right now, it has been totally redone, i had it painted, and i am getting custom decals for it. I replaced the front forks with a Motobecane assembly, it kicks it back and makes it a bit more chopper. as soon as it is done, i am going to make a webpage about it. </HTML>

<HTML>Here is something different.

I am working on a semi-enclosed recumbent moped. I am using a real ratty 86' spree as the donor bike, because it was almost free, and those small wheels will let me get closer to the ground. I am chopping the main tube and adding about a foot of new steel. I am cutting the bike up tommorow. The bike has a clean registration, but the engine has been badly abused so I'll be looking for a replacement engine. Two years ago I built a three wheeled commuter car from a 150cc elite. It is street legal and goes real well. It is fully enclosed and has all the normal larger car stuff like wipers, heat, etc. It cruises comfortably at 45mph. and gets great gas mileage. It has a spaceframe chassis and foam/fiberglass body like a surf board. Best of all i got school credit for it though the art dept. You sould have seen the faces of those engineering majors as I rolled the thing past their workshop. High insurance rates keeps the car collecting dust in my shop. That why i am moving on with moped project. No insurance of helmets required in michigan. I can give you more info if you like...... Gar74</HTML>

<HTML>Go to http://www.students.cs.uu.nl/~jwijngaa/main.html and chek out the "coolest moped election" section, it'll take a while to get all the pictures but it's really worth it if you're into customized mopeds.

</HTML>

Ray Peloquin /

I'm looking for a three wheeled moped. do three any on the market? please help, Raygarifuna wrote:

>

> Here is something different.

> I am working on a semi-enclosed recumbent moped. I am using

> a real ratty 86' spree as the donor bike, because it was

> almost free, and those small wheels will let me get closer to

> the ground. I am chopping the main tube and adding about a

> foot of new steel. I am cutting the bike up tommorow. The

> bike has a clean registration, but the engine has been badly

> abused so I'll be looking for a replacement engine. Two

> years ago I built a three wheeled commuter car from a 150cc

> elite. It is street legal and goes real well. It is fully

> enclosed and has all the normal larger car stuff like wipers,

> heat, etc. It cruises comfortably at 45mph. and gets great

> gas mileage. It has a spaceframe chassis and foam/fiberglass

> body like a surf board. Best of all i got school credit for

> it though the art dept. You sould have seen the faces of

> those engineering majors as I rolled the thing past their

> workshop. High insurance rates keeps the car collecting dust

> in my shop. That why i am moving on with moped project. No

> insurance of helmets required in michigan. I can give you

> more info if you like...... Gar74

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account