Is the bigger engine worth it?

<HTML>Is it really worth spending $350 on a 70cc expansion kit for a Tomos moped? </HTML>

RE: Is the bigger engine worth it?

<HTML>I've never used the tomos 70cc kit but I've heard that it fits better then the puch one being that the carb doesn't really fit between the carb arm and the frame of the moped.

when I added just the piston, cylinder, and head leaving stock carb (bigger jet 68) and stock muffler (mistake) I had many problems with the kit.

I now believe these problems where a result of that lack of a bi turbo muffler.

the extra oil built up in the muffler and was sucked back into the cylinder not only locking a ring up but scoring the piston quite badly. I had it machined and ran it for two day when the same thing happened.

If you use the whole kit, carb, muffler, piston the whole shot I've been told they run quite well, but they look modified and hence not legal.

going speed of 50 miles an hour on my puch was great!

bill

swarm and destroy

Tim wrote:

-------------------------------

Is it really worth spending $350 on a 70cc expansion kit for a Tomos moped? </HTML>

<HTML>I have a 70cc spped kit on my puch and love it. I had to file away a large chunk of engine case (which was serving no purpose anyway) to fit the carb in place. I weigh 250 and this thing does 50mph and fla land and 35 up hills. I recommend these kits but be sure to use assembly lube (available at autoparts stores) and no full throttle for 200 miles. Also you will want to run alittle extra oil in your two stroke mixture.

--Scottg</HTML>

<HTML>NO IT ISNT,,I HAVE A '99 TARGA LX WITH BI-TURBO AND 27 TEETH FRONT SPROCKET IT CRUISES AT 47 AND I PAID 120$ FOR BOTH!!</HTML>

Re: Is the bigger engine worth it?

oh boy, yawn, sparta, sad..........

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account