Re: moped heat/noise violation

Reeperette /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

>>the bike is a 92 tomos targa. oh and if the ped is loud is that really a noise violation?<<

Unfortunately it is, especially on a Targa.

Go read the VIN# plate on the side....notice that it states a maximum Db at 7200(I think) RPM ? That's the legal maximum for a mopeds exhaust noise.

Now, the stock exhaust doesn't even come close, and with the baffle pulled it's still right around that line, but the BiTurbo with no baffle puts it right over.

The allowable "noise level" is geared on the CC of the motor, I think, and harleys being WAY more than 50cc's, one would assume they are allowed a lot more of it, although it doesn't make much sense, since far more powerful bikes make a lot less noise.

My only real beef with Harleys is that the vibration blows all the seals loose quite quickly, and I hate replacing gaskets all the damn time, not to mention they leak oil like crazy if you don't.

-R

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  moped heat/noise violationTopic by: mike mike 11/02/01 11:02PM
  Re: moped heat/noise violationRe: miguel miguel 11/02/01 11:43PM
  Re: moped heat/noise violationRe: Steeltoad Steeltoad 11/02/01 11:47PM
  Re: moped heat/noise violationRe: Jamie Jamie 11/03/01 12:24AM
  Re: moped heat/noise violationRe: Reeperette Reeperette 11/03/01 09:24AM
  Re: moped heat/noise violationRe: Ben Ben 11/03/01 08:31PM
  Don't be bullied,Mike!Re: don-ohio don-ohio 11/05/01 10:02AM
  Re: moped heat/noise violationRe: gimmyjimmy gimmyjimmy 11/05/01 02:35PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account