Lava VS. GoJo

I use to use GoJo all the time to clean my greasy hands, infact we have been keeping a large tub of it by our sink, however in the darkroom at school we use Lava. Its about the only thing that can remove the smell of fixer and it leaves your hands smelling all nice. It also doesnt seem to leave your hands tacky or sticky feeling, as GoJo seemed to do.

Anyways, we just bought a bottle of Lava, its now replacing the GoJo by our sink, look out dirty hands.

Re: Lava VS. GoJo

JUST DON'T READ THE INGREDIENTS It's right on the lable and you don't want to know..... anyway....

I wash my hands with water and it usually takes care of the gojo residue.

My girlfriend's mom made me a batch of herbal grease cutting soap. It's lots of cinnamon and coffe grounds. It works better than most soaps and dish detergent but not quite as good as the super grease cutter stuff.

I have been using Natures Orange. A couple of squirts on each hand, rub your hands together, then wipe with a rag. I have found that this stuff will remove the heaviest nastiest grease. I then finish up with Lava.

tie a bar of soap in the toe of a nylon. It sounds crazy but it its cheap and really cuts through anything.

Lava VS. GoJo

I enjoy the citrusy smell and rough texture of Fast Orange.

Lava VS. GoJo

....and i used to just use a brillo pad and dish soap...

Gasoline and a wire brush.

John Joedicke /

Head and Shouders works.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Napa auto parts sells a product called, Invisable Glove or some thing like that. I rub it over my hands and under the nails before I start the job. when the job is finished I use Fast Orange,hot water and a tooth brush. I do this several times a day. After dinner I wash the dishes by hand in hot soapy water. Jim.

Sulfuric acid and a belt sander

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account