Newbie with '77 Peugeot 103 LVS U3

I would just like to poke my head in and say "Hi". I just recently dragged home a 103 from along side my neighbor's house. It just so happened to be the exact same year and model moped I had built over 10 years ago. My first Peugeot I had built from two different bikes, one with piston port and the other, case induction. I ended up adapting the 103's variator to the end of the other bikes motor for a little extra go. I eventually gave it to a friend who rode it until it was stolen.

This new acquisition is duely faded and the rear rim's chrome was flaking off. It was missing the carb and air box and had a broken tail light. The best part is that it only had 500 miles on it. I've been completely tearing it apart and fixing / cleaning and restoring it.

I notice that the Moped Warehouse no longer takes phone calls and doesn't answer emails. Also there used to be much more available on the site. I only see two different tires listed when there were close to 20 before.

Does anyone know of any good parts sources or clubs in the San Fran Bay Area? Also, do many people here also belong to the "Moped Rider's Association"? I just posted the same message there. Thanks

-todd

1115247207_p103lvs_u3_post.jpg

Re: Newbie with '77 Peugeot 103 LVS U3

Philip Arnold /

Chris over at MWH WILL get back to you. He is moving shops. He called me today. He is just busy. Try emailing him your phone number. He'll call you.

Damon

Brendan Connolly /

Hey, try Steves Moped, I just ordered a ton of TSM parts including a gas tank, seat and fender set. Also you might want to check out 50cc.nl, they have some parts, but you have to search for them, just go to the search page and type in "Peugeot 103" and youl get some cool stuff.

Thanks, I'll give that a try, especially if I don't find any local shops.

-todd

the creatures of the loin have a few peugeot parts. email me with your needs. we're in sf. creaturesoftheloin.com

I figured there had to be a group like yours in the city. If only THEY would open a bike lane on the bridge I could come by and visit. I need tires, I'll email.

-todd

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account