Attention Branch Members. I need your advice!

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

Guys in MA chapters already, I need some feedback. I saw all the info in the Members section on how to apply for a branch. Just wanted to know how things began for you, creating your branch.

Were there any requirements / criteria (ie: type, cc size, ride speed, etc.) that the MA set for you to follow for admitting members / riders?. I've been working alone, trying to get a branch started, but also need to know what to expect. We're far and few betwen where I am but I'd like to see us en masse. Thanks!

Brent

Re: Attention Branch Members. I need your advice!

I wasn't apart of our branch as it was getting set up, so I can't give you that perspective. I think the most important thing to do is to get your group together and make it solid. You can't be the only one obsessed with it. It also helps if everyone become active on the web. When the prospective member forum opens up, it is really good if everyone participates and gets to know everyone and lets us know what you're all about.

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

thanks on the feedback. yeah, i guess i'm the only one in the metro Orlando area (pop 1.5 million or something) that is gung ho about getting something together. pretty sad.

always believed a town or scene of any sort is what you make it. cats down here would rather have scooters, or so it seems, hence a decent size amount of riders. but mopeds, i've only seen a few dozen. . ugh. florida.

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

ah, what the hell.. bump

Attention Branch Members. I need your advice!

Our branch was started by one guy with a moped who got his friends into it, they their friends, etc.

There are hard .

The "soft" criteria would be those things we consider when we decide whether to vote for you to be admitted or not. All the members vote, and you must get a 75% majority vote to be accepted. Things we look at are how many members you have, how obvious it is to us that your members are dedicated, how solid your group is, do we think we'd like you if we met you in person (because we will eventually, no doubt), etc. When we do branch reviews, you have the chance to discuss stuff with all the members in a private forum...participation in that also says something to us.

My advice for getting a branch together is to get your friends riding. If they're not interested, let them ride your moped (in a controlled environment, and if you trust them). That above all else seems to get people interested.

Matt is totally right. To a T. Whatever that means. But he's right.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account