Puch Newport or Garelli SS XL

Hello,

I am in the process of buying a moped. I haven't riden one since I was 12. I have come across a Puch Newport and a Garelli Super Sport XL. Though, I haven't actually had the opportunity to see and ride them. I was hoping someone might give me some helpful advice about these makes. I've done my online searching and like both styles, I seem to be slightly leaning toward the Puch. Is there any distinct differences worth knowing about? Other that esthetics. Thanks for any help Marand

Re: Puch Newport or Garelli SS XL

The puch will be easier to get parts for, but the SSXL is undoubtably the hotter bike. If it's in nice running shape, go for it. Garellis, like puch, are easy to work on, beautiful, and kittable. I'd prefer a Garelli simply because every dude has a puch. I have two puchs, and I'm jealous of my lady's Garelli.

garelli cuz its a real sweet bike

Timmy Southpark /

puch!! they make good motors!! or better yet, both!

Puch are fantastic, but I'm on my second Supersport XL, and I love it. They look uber-tough and are really strong little bikes. Mine is the best hill climber out of the 10 peds I own. It's a head turner.

buy both!!!!

Garelli, hands down. Easier to work on, better looking, and simpler. A little harder to find parts for, but not if you know where to look. The garelli is also a rarer bike. More head turning action... it'll be faster too.

But before you buy either, get pics. Make sure nothings missing!

Thanks for all the input guys.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account