Canadian Insurance

My fellow Canadians. I think I am being soaked by Monnex. I am in the GTA and I have ben given a quote for $900Cdn for insurance for a year. That included everything, just like a car. Monnex is a fleet insurance company and they don't usually deal with bikes. They had a underwriter call me and ask questions about the bike.

I am wondering if they put my down as owning a motorcycle. I had to remove fire and theft and stick with the basics. This then brought the payments to $500 year.

I went with them because my car insurance is cheap with Monnex. I think I will try State Farm, who I have my other insurance with.

Who has what and how much.

Kev.

Re: Canadian Insurance

Vimy Ridgeway /

Use the Search function and call up 'Ontario Insurance.' Lindsay and some of the other GTAers went the rounds of the insurers and came up with some good rates. I pay about $200 a year with Allstate.

i'm with Co-operaters in Ottawa.

i'm paying about $150/year .

Dave and Rob. Is that full coverage with $1,000,000 liability and fire/theft, or is that without fire/theft and $500,000?

mine is with full coverage

Is that Allstate in Kitchener, or Canada?

I just got a quote from State Farm for $600 full coverage for a year. Still better than Monnex.

Does your Allstate have an 800 number?

Kev

sorry different Dave here... im still trying to get a good quote...

Well wrong Dave. I guess we will both try 1 800 ALLSTATE.

Write back when you get a quote.

Kev

mine is $150/year for just liability. that's all i have

that and a really really strong cable lock

Is that with Allstate? What about the 1 million $? Do you have the $1mil or $500000?

Rob, I see you work for Nav Can't. Where???

Co-operators in Ottawa here as well. It's cheap as long as you have other vehicles with them.

Keep in mind though that co-operators have different underwriters in different cities and the rates will change.

Hi fellow mopedeers. I have a couple of names and numbers you ca try; Jevco 1800 463 9350 Primmum 866 771 0772 and a vary nice lady her name is Luba in Oakville at 905 337 7373.

Give them try!

chao for now!

yeah i work for Nav. how did you know that?

in ottawa btw

I got my insurance changed today. State Farm. Just over $400 Cdn for full coverage. That is with half mil liability. Also, replacement value for the bike. With all the kits.

John Joedicke /

You didn't tell them it was kitted did you. If so they will be back at you after there higher ups look at the policy. You will get done for a motorcycle then and pay more. Never ever tell anybody of authority it has been kitted.

No, acordingly to the agent, what ever was on the bike during the picture taking scene, and what is listed on the bill, is what is covered.

Also, the agent is a moped freak too. She knows all about Tomos and kitting. She gave me some advice about insurance and kitting.

Don't tell, rates will not go up!

My 70cc looks like a 50cc

yo,

i may not be canadian.....but i do know alot about insurnce...im on

my third year of law school.

anything you need....just Im me...

How's your Canadian law?

Im not canadian im american i live in NYC

In Canada we have no fault insurance. That is where the insurance company tries to take as much money from you because you can not do anything about it. They say it's not their fault, yours or the governments'. Insurance is mandatory. If you do not have any other form of insurance, you will not get any moped insurance.

John Joedicke /

So how come you are using Rogers cableif you are in NY??

ic ic...in america..its just like you guys...srry i was gone my sister called from alambama

I was with Monnex until a month ago. They are definitely not moped-friendly.

I switched all my car and moped insurance to "The Personal", who are much more moped friendly.

The Personal is a group insurer just like Monnex and usually covers any "group" that Monnex covers.

I ended up saving a few bucks on the auto portion, and paid $80 for each moped.

Best deal I could find.

Thor

I am still with Monnex for my car because no-one can match what I am already paying. Monnex suggested to find another insurance for the bike. I did. State Farm. I am paying just over $400 for full coverage.

Are you OACETT?

Kev

is who OACETT?

Could you make public the name of your insurance agent?

It would be greatly appreciated by all. Thank you beforehand

State Farm.

Otherwise, that's it. Talk to them. I do not want to risk my policy by some one saying, " but this person is kitted and you insured him for this "

Vimy Ridgeway /

Ding, ding, john.

$34.00 per year

Hi,

I'm in Montreal, Quebec, have a home insurance policy with "La Personelle"

My total annual insurance for a 1981 honda Express is $34 Can .. yes thirty four dollars.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account