how do you check the gear oil in a Tomos ST

how do you check the gear oil in a Tomos ST?

Re: how do you check the gear oil in a Tomos ST

Check your manual that should have come with your new ped,if you got it from a dealer.Wherever you got it,go back to them and ask for the manual.The instructions for checking/changing gearbox oil are on page 9.Good luck figuring out what kind of oil to put in it though.

i didn't get a manual. i spoke to the dealer and they said they don't have it..

doh!!!

I know how to refill it but check it... hmmm

Well to refill it you run the bike for 5 minutes to heat it up. Take out the bottom screw of the transmission and let it drain. Once the draining is done, you put in the bottom screw back in, then take off the top nut and the side screw off. Fill it through the top untill it starts coming out of the side. Then you put both of them back in. Done

Checking it is easy.You take out the screw on the side.If it starts dripping out,it is full.If it doesn't,you need to take out the top bolt(plug),and pour oil in until it starts coming out the side hole.Then put both plugs back in.Just don't ask me what kind of oil to put in it.I did a search on this site,and the MRA site,and found several lengthy arguments about this,but no useful information.I have e-mailed Tomos,got no answer yet,and am about to e-mail them again.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account