Neons

Im sorta new to the whole Ped thing but how would you wire up neons to your bike?

thnx

Re: Neons

I've been wondering the same thing myself... I'm looking to throw some green neon on my Targa LX.

DannyMoped

Patrick Stover /

neons are for honda civics, not mopeds.

Leon Swarmer /

You;ll need to add a battry and switches....I'd just add a motorcylce battery and charge it from 110. I wouldn't want to mess with the stock system on a ped... you'd overload it way too quickly.

any 6 volt neons or would you have to go for 12 vlt?

Patrick Stover /

i think the fact that its a moped will draw enough attention to you.

Then what about these.....

hot

are those wired to the moped?

I think having it totally external (with a battery and the whole sha-bang) would be alot safer for the bike.

Philip Arnold /

This is something like what I'm about to add to my Murray.

See pic

pda

1114815800_fw_undercar_r1_c12.jpg

Those little lights are pretty cool... Where did you find them at?

Philip Arnold /

Philip Arnold /

9 volt battery powered! they are so mine :p

Philip Arnold /

they are so cheap everyone who wants them should be able to have them!!!

WIcked nice... Hmm... They sell 12V LED's at Advance Auto.. Napa... and Auto Zone. I wonder if you could hook them up to a battery some how and mount them. They're SUPER bright.

they got some _alright_ lights on ebay http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5968343580&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

mine came a week ago they're 12V, and come with a simple wiring diagram. i guess if those particular bulbs aren't your style or your colour you could also unscrew the plastic panel and put in new ones...

which mopeds are 12v? i thought they were mostly 6

no , not the moped the fluorescent light

I'm pretty sure the Tomos LX is a 12Volt it has CDI ignition, no points.

in that link

those were NOT neons

they were LED light strips and will last 10 times longer than neons

but hook them up with too little power and no light, too much power and instant fried LEDs

if you are gunna put any light on a moped stick with batterys

these peds have a strange electrical system and cant power much of anything but the stick lights and spark

Beware of the color blue it is illegal in most states on a motor vehicle. Or just dont use them on the road.

good to keep in mind!

Neons (in less than an hour, easy)

You need real juice a good 12v source with deep cycles. Not moped magneto power-- that's a messed hybrid of AC/DC that is very fussy as was pointed out.

neons take low power. You can find some gel-cel batteries (rechargable 100's of times, never leak & install at any angle w/decent AH)

you could run a neon for 3-5 hours off a very small gel-cell. charging is easy and fast.

anyone who says "it ain't cool" oh well. I think it's an awesome idea. I have a ton of other lighting methods from tireflies to a strip of four 3v led flashers in a loop so it provides 12v of resistance.

you can do just about any 12v device. My battery pack is so powerful it could provide 110v ac for an hour or so.. if I had an inverter.

Neons (in less than an hour, easy)

You need real juice a good 12v source with deep cycles. Not moped magneto power-- that's a messed hybrid of AC/DC that is very fussy as was pointed out.

neons take low power. You can find some gel-cel batteries (rechargable 100's of times, never leak & install at any angle w/decent AH)

you could run a neon for 3-5 hours off a very small gel-cell. charging is easy and fast.

anyone who says "it ain't cool" oh well. I think it's an awesome idea. I have a ton of other lighting methods from tireflies to a strip of four 3v led flashers in a loop so it provides 12v of resistance.

you could run hundreds of ultra bright LED's. Neon rope, ground strobes, you can even put out 110v AC if you have a good power source.

neons are cake, you could mount dual airhorns and a few neons in an afternoon... some of the ultra-large high visibility white or blue LED's are almost blinding.

Yes, Tomos are 12V

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account