Speed Or Torque

im a big dude and also a speed demon i have a tomos targa lx its an 04 which do you think a need more tourque or speed. please tell em cuz im about to buy some parts but dont really know how they are going to effect me

Re: Speed Or Torque

How big is big???

I weigh about 210-220 and I live in a very hilly area. I also have a stock 04' LX.

I talked to Ike at Ike's Bikes. He suggested a 25 tooth FRONT sprocket ( stock tooth is 26). This would give me extra torque up hills. He also suggested upgrading the exhaust. I, wanting a quality piece on my ped, decided to go for the Technigas Next. This normally gives around 10mph extra. The front sprocket (being smaller) will cut a little speed though. Because of the bigger exhaust he suggested at #56 and a #58 jet for the carb as to not starve the motor.

All together Ike and I figured a top speed of around 40 with a lot of torque. Plenty of hill-pulling power, better shifting, and some more speed on the top end. Not a bad deal all around for 120 bucks.

If you want a little more torque, I would suggest getting a 28 tooth REAR sprocket. This will give you tons of torque, however it may put too much strain on your motor. That's why Ike suggested the 25 front for me, cuz I'm not THAT heavy lol. But if you're a bigger guy (240+) I'd look into an ehxuast, torque sprocket, and even a 60cc or 70cc upgrade kit. (My bike only has 100 miles on it, so there's no need for me to go replacing a brand-new motor just yet.)

Need any more info lemme know.

thanx for the help danny im like a little smaller then you im 6 1' and 210

We're about the same size. I just weighed up and I'm 211, and I'm about 6'.. So that setup will be fine for you.

I am 280lbs. I have a Bi-turbo, modified air intake and 58 jet. I get an average speed of 65km/h on straight away. I get an average of 50km/h on hills. I have a 05 Tomos Bullet. with no other upgrades yet, but I am looking at the 70cc. I have now and then got the bike to 80km/h. My fuel is about 145km to the main tank and 20 km to the reserve. Did I mention I love my bike too.

umm dude can you tell me how fast in mphs ur moped goes cuz we use that down here n the us no offense.but how the hell do u ride ur moped in canada??

Well, I start it up. Let it warm up to get the snow and ice off. Put on warm clothes and ride. Wait, that's the other vehicle, the snow mobile. In the long two months of summer here, and the other 10 months, we ride like any other rider in the world. On the road. I assume when you say down here, you are either in Mexico or Australia. In US and Canada, most people use mph and kph. Check out you Government sites. I am with the FAA. 40kph is roughly 25mph. 60kph is roughly 40mph. 70kph is roughly 45mph and so on. 100kph is 63mph

Vimy Ridgeway /

8k = 5 miles. Aren't you in school? BTW, the U.S. is one of the few countries in the world not on the metric system. Not surprisingly, since IWIH.

John Joedicke /

Seem weird doesn't Davy, one against almost the whole world!

I hope you were refering to Chris when you stated "Aren’t you in school?

I am an Engineer with too much math on my mind.

Vimy Ridgeway /

Yep, funny that Americans would cling to that weird medieval pounds, feet, yards, miles stuff, especially since it is a leftover of British colonial days. Even the Brits have moved on. Do you think maybe the U.S. thinks it invented the imperial system? Oops, made a mistake, they don't have the imperial gallon, just that 3.8 litre one.

Vimy Ridgeway /

Sorry Kevin, I placed it on the wrong thingy. Hey, do you want to ride with the RCMP? We meet on Queen Street West and swarm out until we get thirsty? You and Fred would have a great ti me with your modded Tomos. He pulled about 60 kph on Avenue Road last time. Check the board for our next ride.

Sorry, too far. I am actually the west of Toronto, the other end of Brampton. No-body outside of Canada has heard of Brampton, thus, I placed Toronto as home. Even though Brampton is one of the largest growing cities in Canada and the 16th in North America.

I heard that there are at least 100 moped riders in my part of town. I have only seen two, one was and elderly lady who thought I was going to steal her bike. Nice Honda.

Hey, i have an 03 Targa LX Black & Gold.

I recently bought the Bi-Turbo Pipe Upgrade.

I Weigh 145 and can hit about 39-43 MPH.

If your a bigger person, i recommend getting a 60cc or even 70cc kit with a 25 tooth front sprocket. That should give you plenty of torque, and with the kit, your top speed should be anywhere from 48-55.

lol very funny and i am in school jus got into high school but as any forgeiner nows we americans are stubern and dont learn other peoples math systems.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account