Worcester / Central Mass moped people!!!!

HEY! Anyone here from Worcester, MA / Central Massachusetts? I'm trying to rally support for the SUMMER SCOOT! 05 event at Ralph's Diner on Sat., July 2nd.

And it'd be cool to go on group rides... scooters & mopeds together...

DINER CITY Scooter Club

http://www.dsquared.org/dcsc.html

Re: Worcester / Central Mass moped people!!!!

Hmm. I'll have to find a way to transport my moped there, that's the only problem. I A. dont have a car, and B. dont have any friends with mopeds with cars... I live about an hour from Worcester in Athol... I know Route 2-A doesnt go there. I dont think. I'll do some looking and see if i cant make it there on a tank of gas lol.

Danny try route 12... I used to take it down from Jaffrey NH to Worcester all the time.. I think its around there somewhere!

Route 12 goes right through Fitchburg (where i go to school) I can take 2A into Fitchburg and then hook onto 12 South. Do you remember going through Fitchburg? If so.. where in Fitchburg do you hit 12 South?

can you go on route 12 with a moped?

In Massachusetts you can ride a moped on any road except for express highways... so you cant ride on Rt.2m 495, 91, stuff like that. But you can ride on 2A, and I'm pretty sure 12 isnt classified as an express way.

yeah, i'm thinking about taking the trek down from the north shore. hopefully, by then i'll have 1 of my 2 new moto guzzi robins running by then. but then i have to find a way to get there.

I dont think its a problem to go on route 12... it's practically like a back road when you get outta the cities... mopeds can legally go anywhere that bicycles arent prohibited... except bicycle paths :P

I can picture the intersection in my mind... there is like a huge steep hill that comes down into the intersection at a sharp angle.. I need to look at a map!

Lol This is Fitchburg... There are a million steep hills lol. Any other markers or signs you remember?

lol i know I know ... I can't remember... there are signs everywhere... 12 is a major route!

il probably be there

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account