kinetic tfr miles per tank of fuel?

guys how many miles do you average on a tank of fuel on your kinetic tfr moped??????????? or when you have to turn the reserve to on ??????

Re: kinetic tfr miles per tank of fuel?

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Turn to reserve when you run out of gas and look for a gas station. Jim.

I know one thing,it does not get 100+ mpg.Mine is getting about 70 mpg.I like to mix my gas and oil at home,so I get it exactly right.So if I'm going very far,I carry premix with me in saddlebags.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=6&i=15838&t=15821 ---jerry, you should be getting close to 100 mpg or your carb may need adjusting. Here is Donps suggested adjustments for the tfr carb. Jim

Whats the reserve? Where is it ans what does it do??

Read your owners manual.

The fuel tap has two pipes in it where it goes up inside the tank. When you turn the tap on to regular position the fuel is drawn out of the tank through the longer pipe. When the tank is drawn down to the top of the long pipe you effectively run out of fuel but there is still some fuel left in the tank below the top of the long pipe. When you turn the tap to the reserve position the rest of the fuel can be drawn down all the way to an empty tank.

Your manual should tell you how much fuel is held in the reserve position.

usually i just leave it on, then when i stop, i turn it off. Is thta ok??

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account