Avanti Autopower speed kit

Chris Small /

I want one =] Know anywhere?

Re: Avanti Autopower speed kit

Yeah,Chris! I'll get back to you tomorrow.I just saw a post the other day and I'll get back to you on it,I think.

Look at the posts for moped2.org, There was a guy there that got a new cylinder kit from Steves moped (I think). He spent some large bucks getting it and having it installed. From the post right after the instalation, he seemed pretty happy but he is one of the folks having trouble with the transmission thing.

be very leary of 70cc kits ... they are often junk. you can get speed w/ some other mods that don't include a 70cc kit. and they are cheaper too (esp. if the 70cc seizes and turns your moped to junk).

Chris is God /

okie so what can I do? Get a 9:1 sprocket and biturbo if one could fit?

alright for you there is a 65cc kit and 19mm inlet pipe for you on the polini site it is for the garelli VIP and i have no idea how much it is but look into it

just get a larger carb (like a dellorto 15.15), larger manifold, performance exhaust, a larger front sprocket, and that should get you quite a bit more speed and still not be as iffy as a 70cc kit. i certainly wouldn't go for more than 60cc. but that's just me.

A genuine Avanti 65cc cylinder kit is available from

http://www.stevesmoped.com

The other person is correct I had problems with the clutch on my supersport but I'd like to point out they had modified the clutch so the larger size piston is unrelated however I can tell you that it does add quite a bit of additional vibration...However it will also make it quite a bit faster on take off...

vanilladog /

I would be wary of putting a larger front sprocket or smaller rear sprocket on the avanti. It seems to have a weak low end torque to begin with. Notice how it accelerates really slow, but then when it gets up to speed, it really flies? The bike is already geared too high for its horsepower at the factory. I would go for a biturbo exhaust and a larger jet in the carb. This might give you more speed, and also fix the low end torque problem. I am going to do this for my Avanti aftetr the holidays.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account