Urgent. Tire needed Downtown Toronto

Jeremy Hay-Draude /

So, I've got a 1 legged Tomos strapped to a post somewhere on Eglinton where it blew a back tire and abandoned me. I need to find a replacement today at lunch so I can go back and pick up Pete after work.

Does anyone know where I can find a tire for a 2000 Tomos Targa in downtown Toronto?

How much work is it going to be to replace the bugger?

I don't really care if it's a stock tire. In fact, if there's a better alternative than the slicks that it came with, I'm all ears.

TIA

Jeremy.

PS

To all you young 'uns out there: check your tires before you get on the road so you can decide if maybe you would be better off just taking the subway to work. :(

Re: Urgent. Tire needed Downtown Toronto

Bruce Wilkinson /

Do you know the size ? Cycle World might have a tire. I bought my Vespa tires at Cycle world at 5312 Dundas W. near Kipling subway station. Any motorcycle shop might have them.Phone Cycle World and ask 416 233 5501. bruce

Vimy Ridgeway /

If you're in the east end, try Motorcycle Superstore on River Road.

Jeremy Hay-Draude /

Just tried them and just about every other motorbike, scooter, bicycle, tire and sex shop in the 416

Nobody has anything in stock. Both Motorcycle Superstore and Cycle World can order me some cheng shins (sp?) for next week. which means that I have to figure out how to get the beast home until then....

Thanks for the suggestions.

John Joedicke /

Tried Simply Mopeds? 647 226 2453 Tomos Dealer or Mr Moped in Oakville

Bruce Wilkinson /

Jeremy, Why not come to an RCMP meeting in the future ? bruce

Jeremy Hay-Draude /

Why am I not a member?

'cause this is the first I've heard of it. I haven't been around here much for the past year or so.

I'll keep an eye open for the next meeting (got a website?).

In the meantime, I think I'll just get my tire from the Superstore -- it's relatively close to the office.

we don't have a website.................yet! but maybe in the future. we're going to have a group ride sometime this month, so keep an eye out for it. Or just email me and I can update you!

All you need is a bottle of Slime tire puncture juice.. unscrew the valve... squirt it in... and pump up the tire! I got a CO2 tire inflater at JC Whitney for like 12 bucks...and everyone should carry one! This works great in a pinch! They sell the sealant at every auto parts store, Gumout just came out with a new version of it too..

As far as the tires go.. I just got a pair of Michelin moped tires at Handybikes.com in Ohio: (614) 299-0550 for 30 bucks! They are great tires.. they also have Chen Shings (sp) for about the same price.. They are awesome to deal with.. and if you call them they will ship the tires overnight today and you'll have them by Monday!

Francisco Samayoa /

call Toronto Mopeds 416-787-6228 is a Tomos dealer in downtown TO.

John Joedicke /

ya if you can wait for mail order, then pick up at a camera shop!!!!

Vimy Ridgeway /

And the guy's a rip-off artist to boot.

Fratbone,

Slime is strictly used for getting home right? I mean, you wouldn't want to travel too far with that stuff in your tire would you?

Rob

Hi Rob...

Actually I've used it when I had an old tire that I got on Ebay with a rim.. I had to use it while I waited for my new tires to arrive.. The tire blew out.. and after I used Slime and inflated it... it ran fine for weeks and seemed fine when I took it off! They actually recommend that you use a small bottle when you install a brand new tube and it protects you against punctures down the road.. itis basically a liquid film that coats the inside of the tube and only reacts to air when the tire is punctured.. it surrounds the nail and seals off the tire! If you get a flat without it in your tire they recommend removing the nail and claim it will seal a hole as large as 1/4 inch. Its great to have some onboard just for peace of mind on those impromptu long cruises.. and as I said.. I got a hand held CO2 inflater at JC Whitney for like 12 dollars and its small enough to fit in the little tool pouch under the weat of my newport!.. This combo saved my ass on more than one occasion... there's nothing worse than cruising down the road and feeling a tire startint to thump and go flat.. with this setup you just relax.. take a deep breath give it a quick shot of slime and air and be on your way!

Fratbone,

Sounds good. Though I'd only use it to get home.

Thanks a lot,

Rob

no problem Rob..

It's worth having onboard just for the peace of mind.. and the funny thing is... when I got my good tires.. and I have the slime with me and the air pump... I never needed it lol... Murphy's Law i guess lol The way I look at it.. as long as I have it with me.. I'll prolly never need it :P

Jeremy Hay-Draude /

Yeah, I tried to deal with them once, haven't bothered since.

Pete is now safely in my garage thanks to a friend with a minivan. The new tire are on order and I now have to sit out an entire weekend (and it's supposed to be almost 20 on Sunday :( )

Jeremy: I have a new tire! It's identical to the stock slick tires.

I'm in Etobicoke, Ontario contact me by e-mail, phone or just come and pick it up for contact info go to: www.simplymopeds.com

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account