Re: Cops

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Andy said it best--

50mph in a 30 is 20 over--no matter what you're riding.

On the other hand I had a 50+ mph 70cc scooter and I'd take it on the highway-- never stopped & I passed the polica barracks every morning.

55 is slow on the highway but it was fast enough to make the minimum speed and was a very big bike-- larger than a 200cc vespa.

I've personally ONLY been pulled over for doing something stupid and even then being polite has got me out of all but one situation.

This is just speculation-- but if I were a cop I'd pay a lot more attention to the moped riding 25mph like a bicycle on the right than I would notice a TTLX go by at 40, keeping up with traffic.

My dad was really well known locally and the cops (and tons of people who seem to know me and I don't know them...) say hi and totally give me a lot of room. I've even got rolling toward a redlight when I see the side yellow change so I can be at a decent 15mph when the light changes.. .I think that's called "charging a red light" but it's not much of a charge on a moped.

And proving the 70cc kit in court... the DA or judge hears moped and pretty much looks for a way to drop it. At least in maine if you're bagged for a 70 kit (very unlikely) and tell 'em you want it before a jury...

they've got drunks, assaults, criminal speeding.. prostitutes...and the DA is gonna call in the cop and put the moped case up there? nope. Even better if you have pictures with a scale showing the old 50cc engine.

I got stopped on the scoot going 30 in a school zone... deserved that but did escape w/a warning.

I think they don't take you as seriously... an SUV going 80 takes precedence over a moped struggling to hiit the 45 speed limit.

This is Maine. We need inspection insurance registration and a valid drivers license-- but, for example, I know for a fact that a 6-speed derbi enduro is classed as a "moped" in the local city hall.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  CopsTopic by: Avalanche Avalanche 04/11/05 10:00PM
  Re: CopsRe: M Mcclurg M Mcclurg 04/11/05 10:03PM
  Re: CopsRe: Ray West Ray West 04/11/05 10:07PM
  Re: CopsRe: Don Pflueger Don Pflueger 04/11/05 10:05PM
  Re: CopsRe: Andy Kochvar Andy Kochvar 04/11/05 11:57PM
  Re: CopsRe: W B W B 04/12/05 08:43AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account