Oils

Do any of you guys use the cheap say walmart tech2000 oil? Or do you pay the extra for yamalube or whatever brand you get for your moped?

Re: Oils

synthetic-take no chances with a dentist drill like spinning motor.at those kinda rpms lubrication failure can bring a engine to a halt in quite a dramatic way-but if you use synthetic for example in a oil injection system and oil injection quits just having used the synth may just save your engine from catastrophic seizure but may also get you few more miles down the road-the synthetic bonds to the metal parts(cylinder wall)like teflon on a frying pan and really for the price its cheap insurance-whether your using a crank case type lubrication(4 strokes) or fuel/oil injection(2strokes)on my 2 stroke the synthetic oil mix is like $9/litre and mix it thinner than conventional-and a litre will last good part of a season riding.cant afford $9 to treat your engine good for the year?doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that in long run synth pay for itself

walmart brand is all i buy for any kind of oil you cant beat their prices

plus sythentic doesnt leave 1/4 of the carbon build up or cause near as much plug fouling.so less maintenace-longer service intervals they claim cause synthetic doesnt lose viscosity the way conventional does(4stroke oil and gear oil)

still wallyworld sells they're own brand of synth quite cheap your right-i use the synth blend in my car like a $1 litre more than wellyworld 10/30 conventional

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

i only run motul 600 synth in my bike. i started using it when i rebuilt the engine at the middle end of last season. when i tore my bike down over the winter their was no carbon build up and everything was happy happy. i heard a story about a guy who bought a tomos new and only ran that oil. when he took his bike in after 600 miles for a check up to make sure e everything was on the up and up the rings hadnt even seated themselves. my uncle works in the lubrications field and he swears by synthetic oils. burn cleaner and lube better. you can get a bottle of motul 600 for about $10. they also have a biodegradable version which runs about $14 or $15.

Perry Manessis /

Walmart Super Tech oils are made by Penzoil. The TC-W3 is the same as the Penzoil Semi-Synthetic TC-W3. I've been using it for years on all my 2 strokes and it works great. Recently I pulled the jug off of my 3 year old Avanti SuperSport to do some porting and the rings, piston and cylinder wall were like brand new. I also use their HD30 in the trannies and 10W30 in my cars.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account