A Few questions..

I have a couple questions. First, i want to know if it is bad running the moped without the exhaust on?(Will it clean anything out?)

2. i have a 2003 panther and after i want to know why it shakes so much more than for example a tomos. Is there any way to stop some of the shaking? After going 35+ it seems as if i should slow down because it don't really know if it is just my moped or if i should slow down lol.

Last question is sort of hard to explain. But, it is very weird when there is hardly no wind it will only go like 33 or like 4 mph wing blowing in my face but when it is blowing in my back it seems like im going like 10 mph faster. Like just 2mphwind seems to increase my speed greatly. i have no clue why?

any performance tips that WON'T hurt my moped? Thanks

A Few questions..

???

Re: A Few questions..

dont run it without a pipe it needs backpressure

Matthew Westberg /

Yeah, you can run it for half a minute without a pipe to check something out, but leaving the piston and cylinder directly accessible to the exterior and running it like that is a baaaaaaaaad idea.

yeah no doubt bout the only engines that run with the exhaust 'uncorked' are dragsters and they only have to go a 1/4 mile ;-)

any reasons why it may shake sort of?

and any tips for increases top end? without costing any money(unless cheap) and of course anything that wont hurt my moped?

would i need to mess with the idle? how do i? because when i bought it from a dealer he said i might need to mess with the idle? what does the idle actually do?

If it aint't broke don't fix it! especially on a good ped. scout the curb on garbage day for old lawn mowers and the like, tinker with those first. if you destroy garbage you're out nothing and you'll probably be glad you didn't learn it on your bike. As far as shaking at high speeds don't be in a hurry, Out of my four peds only one can break 22 mph but they all ride the best around 18mph

yea i just want a quick moped.

If i have 1770 miles on my ped would u suggest cleaning out the muffler?

What should i clean it with?

I've heard of "Cooking" exhaust parts. Search the older posts they've mentioned this before. But if your performance has not diminished since it was new I wouldn't bother. It may restore lost power but you won't gain any.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account