Both My Aircooleds

Xyplestop Florbledo /

My Aircooled car of the last 16 years and my ped in one shot.

1113165393_pedbug.jpg

Re: Both My Aircooleds

Xyplestop Florbledo /

Now I need an 8 Track player for the car too

Hey, they match, white fenders and all! Cool.

Xyplestop Florbledo /

I never thought of that

Don Pflueger /

nice matching set. once you get that rear fender from me that ped will look great next to that car. :)

See Ya Moped Army /

My daily driver is a '73 VW Camper and I also drive a '73 Super Beetle. Aircooled is the only way to go.

That is so cool Tak!

Rob

Xyplestop Florbledo /

Yeah, I know. :)

Amazingly, I got the ped in February, the car was painted like that two years ago.

Complete co -ncidence

Nice Bug.I love Bugs.I have had 3 of them.Don't ever get rid of it,you will always regret it,just like I do.They are becoming serious collector cars now.

Xyplestop Florbledo /

Here in the rust belt they are really scarce, I can drive all day and not see another. . But I LOVE that car! :)

Xyplestop Florbledo /

After sixteen years I'd sooner sell my mother, In fact thats not a bad idea............. Sadly there are no buyers for my mother.

HAHA........I hear that!

_"My daily driver is a

what is that like a 1972 it looks like it

i had a 72 that the body was almost mint but the engine had like 800,000 miles on it and the rings were just gone i wish i didnt sell it but then again i dont like cars

Xyplestop Florbledo /

It a 1974 Standard Beetle.

It "probably has about 400,000" I built the speedo so there is no way to really know.

In the last few years it got a new front end, rebuit german driveshafts, new heater boxes and muffler. rebuilt motor, new wheelbearings, and has been converted to four wheel disk brakes,

And thanks to a new "german" carb this month I'll be eating a lot of rice.........

now I really need tires, the newest ones are from 90...........

id like to get another one and chop it and make a sandrail out of it

Xyplestop Florbledo /

AGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Pflueger /

when you see them here in ohio, the heater boxes, floor pans, and fenders are rotted away from the salt the state puts down during the winter. i had a 74 auto stick.

Don Pflueger /

hmmmmmm.

got any pics?

lol j/k

i knew you would do that all air cooled VW lovers hate dune buggys and rails

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

I rebuilt a 1971 Bug with many parts from JC Whitney. They have just about every thing you could want. Jim.

Xyplestop Florbledo /

If you saw them here it would be the same, Minnespolis salts so bad the cars are all grey in the winter.

This car ony comes out april first to november first

Xyplestop Florbledo /

Proper rails are not that bad, Tube steel chasis, and there is no shortage of engines and transmissions, "even new oness" no cars get destroed for that. I woudnt mind buiding one myself someday,

I just hate to see good sheet metal cut up.

Also every year I get pestered by kids who want to cut my bug up for a dune buggy or a baja.

Its almost funny, they think I don't know what I have and they try to bullshit me, I always get a certain ammount of bitter humor over the idea that I can't possibly undersatnd cars enough to know what I have.

man those bugs are dangeruos

Xyplestop Florbledo /

nah, 16 years and I'm still here

You are thining of the old swing axle ones, that ones IRS

Re: Winter Salt

The salt is so bad in Boston that I bought a second set of Mag rims for my Newport on eBay to use in the snow instead of my Chrome ones for next season... I'm lookin for some studded snowtires too.... I know they exist cause I got one on a wheel I bought from scootertherapy in Madison WI. If anyone knows who sells these please share :P

they just dont hold up well in chrashes,what year is it?

Don Pflueger /

sounds like my 62 merc. it has only seen sunlight once in about 20 years. it sits in my heated garage.

Re: Winter Salt

Vimy Ridgeway /

The salt is so bad in Toronto that the cars die of high blood pressure.

Vimy Ridgeway /

Check this: He's in Chatham, Ontario.

1975 VW BEETLE - $5000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: anon-67821686@craigslist.org

Date: 2005-04-10, 6:22PM EDT

Blue VW Beetle for sale!

Less than 30 000 Miles on it.

Never driven in winter.

Pics available.

Email if interest.

Appraised at $7500.00

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account