2000 AVANTI MONT?

Dominick Procopio /

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT AVANTI MONTS? ARE THEY GOOD? I AM THINKING ABOUT BUYING A 2000 ONE. WHAT ARE THEY WORTH? ARE ANY UPGRADES AVAILABLE?

Re: 2000 AVANTI MONT?

HI, i am also interested in buying an avanti. Since i live in Arizona, i only have two choices, Avanti, or Tomos...Let me know if you hear any good or bad news about them..

Jason

Perry Manessis /

The 2000 Avanti's had a couple of problems that were fixed in 2001. 1, they used the same Del'Orto carb. that was used on the Garelli's but the jet was too small (I think it was a 50) for the more powerful Avanti motor, so they would soft seize in colder climates, so in 2001 they went to a Pacco carb. with a 54 jet and it also has a fuel mixture adjustment screw like the Mikuni carbs. so you can adjust the mixture when the temp. changes. 2, In 2001 they changed the pipe to a Bi-Turbo type with an expansion chamber, it helped mid range and top end.

Also, the Mont is only a single speed 20-25MPH tops, the 2 speed Autopower, Kobra and SuperSport will top out at 35-40MPH. You are better off looking for a 2001 or later 2 speed Avanti.

TOMOS-i'm telling ya! I work on this stuff all the time.

The third world products are just not that strong(yet).

go with Tomos.

Perry Manessis /

No offense, but the Commie stuff is even worse. Look at the date stamp of a Tomos, if it's made on Monday or Friday be careful. Look at all these people on this form that have problems with their Tomos', the only thing Tomos has going for it is their large dealer base and parts supply.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account