Flea Markets good place to find Mopeds?

Dear Friends,

I am searching for a moped and was wondering if any of you know if mopeds are sold in flea markets/antique shows or if its just a waste of time. Also, if I bought a moped private party, would a motorcycle/atv shop be able to fix most problems and find parts to fix common problems? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Bill

Re: Flea Markets good place to find Mopeds?

We have some gas scooters,mini choppers and pocket bikes, and some reagular motor scooters but no mopeds, they overprice there stuff anywayz, And any shop should be able to fix the problems if u know what they are. unleess the bikes to old.

I bought my first Batavus Regency at a flea market for $200. It was a pretty sweet deal. It was the only time I ever saw a moped at the flea market though. I got there around 6am to set up my own table to sell and bought it right away. All day people were trying to buy it off me. The next week I found a giant brass moped belt buckle (It 's amazing because I collect both mopeds and belt buckles)

Leon Swarmer /

Never seen one at a flea market, and I've looked for years.

Maybe different in different locations.

Most cycle shops won't want to mess with them. They won't have parts and you don't want to spend $50.oo/hr for them to hunt them down.

Small engine/lawnmower places would prolly be better...or better yet. do it yourself.. we'll help.

Leon

don't forget pawn shops

Courtis Fuller /

Yeah thats a good place to by a stolen ped, bastardly thieves! lol

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account