Re: OK, "shrug" I quit.

y

you have a noped thats not a moped

Re: In defence of me, poor me...

Vimy Ridgeway /

Bill, please take your own advice. Here is your previous post:

"David, what you said makes me think your an asshole"

Thanks for showing me some respect; I hope to do the same for you someday. But I must desert this thread because I said I would. Enjoy your navels.

who is bill ?

Xyplestop Florbledo /

And? notice i just say Peds.

Nc50 is listed in the directory,

Who cares?

Vimy Ridgeway /

Guillaume, William, Bill in English.

John Joedicke /

Bet he didn't even know that. BILL WHO!

nop i didnt know

I also agree.

any chapter you would want to join, this is the moped army web site for mopeds, not the vintage bike forum, all you nopeders should start your own site.

Don Pflueger /

the express was and has always been accepted as a moped because of its similarities to a moped with the exception of the pedals.

i have two of them.

Timmy Southpark /

what about the Honda NC50? its similar to a moped.

Xyplestop Florbledo /

When you run the site be sure to tell me m'kay?

Sorry, this site accepts the NC-50, has a ped plate, follows ped laws. Ped enough for me.

all of yous shut the fuck up nobody fucking gives a shit if anybody is somebody is gat lessie likes dogs and cats so shut the fuck up

man i cant type for shit tonight im so fucked up and i dont even drink

Xyplestop Florbledo /

You said it, I didn't

said what

Xyplestop Florbledo /

I: dont know. I'm all confused..... i think i need to crash . I'm so tired "I" dont know what i'm saying

Don Pflueger /

same

i dont know im just dumb

NOPED

don, i really don't want to get into to this, i know the same laws apply. NOT A MOPED. ped = pedals the Qt50, the FA50, Express, are not mopeds. they share a similar look, they share similar restrictions, they are "improperly" called mopeds under the law.

but, they are not mopeds.

Re: NOPED

on a side note, i don't want you to take that the wrong way. i have nothing but respect for you, and enjoy your prescence on the forums.

Travis

Don Pflueger /

i know that. but every forum accepts them as mopeds, so i guess i do too. they dont have a clutch or manual trans, so they arent motorcycles. they have 16" or bigger tires/wheels, so they are not scooters. they just dont have the pedals. i wish they did, but the masses have accepted them as peds for years. so...... i gotta go with the flow on this one.

Xyplestop Florbledo /

Well its honest of you to admit it.

Xyplestop Florbledo /

I just cant see why people are so hung up on this. This whole thing has the zealous dogmatism of a religious argument.

Re: NOPED - Moped laws

Last year the dumbass mayor of Boston tried to pass a law requiring all vehicles without pedals to be plated and driven by people over 16 with valid driver's licenses... it was mainly a reaction to complaints by motorists against those little knee-high scooter thingys and motorized skateboards.. and also a diversion in the press to take attention away from the mayor's ineptitude in more important matters (the poice were picketing the Democratic National Convention because he couldn't reach agreement with the Police union on a fair contract and all the keynote speakers like Kennedy and Kerry refused to cross the picket lines to give their addresses) but the stupid politicians were going to group any 50cc or under vehicle into the same class... gang up on the mopeders.. easy target...they don't vote... (everything from Vino's, Vespas down to motorized skateboards!) with the exception of any mopeds with pedals ... at the moment none of these vehicles require a plate... but in recent years the greedy politicians figured out that they could charge everyone 40 bucks for a cheesy sticker which they now do.. and now its another 40 bucks to get a learner's permit (which is now required) Fortunately the peeps who sell those stupid little bikes have a strong lobby and it was labeled anti-business in the end so the issue faded away... for now...

I thank my lucky stars that both my peds are PUCHs with pedals so I cruised through the conroversy unscathed.. but it was scary!

i didnt know you were a chick i thought you were a guy sorry for the potty mouth

I still call my Suzuki fa50 a ped, I know it's not quite the same but it certainly has it's virtue. It has the spirit of a moped, as it is a fun and completely un-dignified mode of transportation. Having a kick-start is cool but like a regular moped it hasn't helped me get money, respect or sex.

MRA Definition of a Moped:

3 wheels or fewer with the engine mounted below and forward of the rider and which was originally manufactured with an engine displacement smaller than 50cc. (Solex and AMF are exempt and classified as mopeds)

http://www.mopedriders.org/

The pedals are very important to me, and I think most MA members. No-peds are still cool little bikes, but they're not mopeds.

That said, anyone is welcome on our rides. Moped, noped, scooter, motorcycle, whatever.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account