OK, "shrug" I quit.

Xyplestop Florbledo /

You know, I 'm sorry I metioned my sexuality. And If I had not mixed computers and alchahol it would never have happened..

All its got me is nasty attention from homophobes, closet cases, and sexually insecure teenagers.

All I've asked is for people to drop the subject and move on, no such luck.

If I wanted to bicker like this, I'd have stayed on usenet.

Ok, the forum is now "man safe" again. Bang your balls together and howl, mission accomplised.

Now, just drop it and get back to peds, ok? Thats the important thing.

I'm gone,

Dana

Re: OK, "shrug" I quit.

Timmy Southpark /

Tak, i'm sorry you had a bad experience here... it does happen from time and again.

I hope you dont get discouraged.... Stay with us. Not all of us are evil... i could care less about who you are... if you into peds your cool in my book.

DITTO

Hey- Don't leave because some people have to make a big deal about silly shit like what goes where with who. It'll be forgotten in the forums soon enough, and you won't have to deal with it. Everyone is important in this community.

Dana,

Just because people have disagreements here, it doesn't mean we don't like you. Opinions are what makes us unique invididuals.

Personally, I have enjoied your presence on this site, and I'm certain there are other people here that have too.

Hey, you know, we're actually a band of misfits, and that's what makes us all unique. I mean, we've got teenagers here, we've got lesbians, we've got deaf people (me), you've got old people, and you've got middle aged people. It's a band of diversity here, and the fact that we're all here for one thing: Mopeds. That's the beauty of it all.

If there are people bashing you, ignore them, you know? They're not worth your time and you're a pretty decent person, I think. Based on a few messages.

Dana, do what you wish to do... But please know that you're most welcome here.

Best regards,

EK

P.S.

Dana,

P.S.

If I have offended you in any way whatsoever, it was not intended, and I am sorry. I really do want you to feel welcome here, because you truly are welcome here.

Not everybody agrees on everything. That is a part of life. I personally am more than happy to drop the subject of lesbiandom, since it does bother you a bit. I really do want to respect your desire to have peace when it comes to your sexuality.

I'm totally cool with it, and I am certain most of the members are. You know, in any given group, there are assholes. You'll face them in every aspect of your life. Unfortunately, the subject came up, which is partly my fault, and I apologize for those that can not accept you for who you are. You should be proud, not ashamed. :o)

Again, I am sincerely sorry for your personal anguish, and I am sorry for bringing up the subject of which led to other people's degradatory comments. I hope you remain with us, and you are one of the guys, and I'm sure there are others that will vouch for it.

Best Regards,

EK

OK "shrug" Fuck `Em!

Dana,

Not knowing exactly what was said, it's hard to respond properly. But this is something that should not be taken lightly. Sure people don't agree, but any sort of discrimination is totally unacceptable.

Just remember that neither he nor his father, as he claims, is "bashing" you. They are bashing something that they feel is wrong based on a stereotype, and misconstrued beliefs that they have either formed, or been taught. (ie religion, school, politics) There is no need to leave the forum. If it's a problem, report it to Simon. Continue riding and continue to use this site as a resource. Ignorance is the greatest threat to this world, at least intelligent people "got your back".

This is a General Moped forum. Sexuality has no place here. We are here to create a community and talk about bikes. Lets all keep it that way.

Don Pflueger /

sexual preference has nothing to do with mopeds. if you like peds, your more than welcome to ride and hang out with me. everyone has their own thoughts, opinions, and ideas. its what makes you who you are, and me who i am.

i agree

James Foster /

Dana,

I, too agree with everyone else that has posted on this topic. Personally, I don't care who the person is, what his/her sexuality is, and however dumb the question may be. I just help them in any way I can, whenever I can. Even if someone asks(like was said recently here)"where is the spark plug on my moped?"; well it is kind of funny, but is NO reason to bash at the person. If it wasn't for me being so busy at the time when I viewed that post, I would've helped him anyway. Thats what this forum is supposed to be about.

So Dana, please don't fell bad about what others have said to you on here in the past. You're still a member here, and I believe that it should stay that way. If you want to leave, that's ok, but it shouldn't be because of the few idiots that might've upset you here. I actually like seeing women mopeders on here, because it goes to show that not just men like peds. And FYI, there are over 400 other females registered here, so you arn't alone.

Whatever choice you decide to make, it'll be alright, but if you do decide to leave, it will be a sad day at MA... :(

My best regards,

JF

P.S.

Dana, did you get to cleaning that exhaust yet? I'm eager to know if my methods worked or not...

Wow, I totally missed this whole thing, but I think I get the general idea. Like other people have said, "Who cares what anyone thinks." You are who you are - you don't have to justify it to anyone too narrowminded to accept it. People are going to have opinions that are different. Whether these opinions are based on religion, social class, etc. they are still just opinions and not some kind of cosmic law. If your lifestyle is what makes walking around on this mortal coil bearable, then to hell with everyone else. Don't take off due to a couple of comments - life is full of people who want to impose their thoughts on others. I also agree that the discussions here should be focused on mopeds and not on passing judgement. Just my $0.02.

Edward Richardson /

Really, mixing mopeds and sex is ________.(insert answer here) Don't go! We share so many of the same interests. Lol. Don't let them get to you, I've enjoyed your presence here, how many times can you read about a bi-turbo exhaust?

Vimy Ridgeway /

I for one, am not sad to see Tak go. I am very liberal and libertarian about everything, but I resent self- absorbed posters who come onto a board with a big chips on their shoulders and when anyone disagrees with their opinions or makes light of them, they get a huge grump going and start accusing people of being racist, homophobes, misogynists and sexist (See Tak's replies to some of the more heated posts and you decide for yourself if there is any evidence of that). I met a lot of angry young people at university like Tak and they turned out to be only marginally intelligent ideologues who latched onto an idea so they wouldn't have to think for themselves, and so they trot out the old formulas, sexist this, Marxist that, over and over. In their pathetic desire to belong and believe, they miss what most of us go to school for: To learn how to learn. They wind up being angry old farts, taking (or so they say) laptops to parties, getting hammered and then postings nasties on the Moped Army board at 3 a.m. to get some attention.

Q. Is Get a Life a noun or a verb?

Bye Tak,

Your 53-year old buddy, David

You know,

i think you should stay

not because you or gay or streight; or because it matters or it doesn't matter,

but because you like mopeds.

besides, the homophobes are pretty well out numbered on this forum anyway. But, again, it doesnt matter. They like mopeds too, so they are welcome here, as are you.

Xyplestop Florbledo /

DonP told me to come back to check this thread out. I'm glad I did.

I'm back david, you dried up old loser.

I thougt, people like you and that loser in chaska represented a popular opinion, but since its clear you are simply a bitter old man, Who cares what you think?

You calling yourself a Librertarian is an insult to Libertarians in genral, and liberty in specific.

I've beena Liberatrian for 20 years and now i'm a marxist? yeah right.

May I suggest you get a life and stop jusging people over something that no one gives a shit about exept you, and a few other losers who should take your stone age values either back to the 20th century, or prefferably back to the Bush administartion whre you would fit RIGHT in.

So to all of you out there thanks for the support, and to david. get a life, the one you have appears to be defective.

David, what you said makes me think your an asshole

You GO girl!

I mean to say STAY STAY STAY :P

Xyplestop Florbledo /

Seems to be the case. Anybody, especailly moderators mind if I pummel him for a bit?

"assuming he wont stop acting like an asshole anyway"

I was on usenet way way way too long. It develops bad habits.....

The only nasties I see posted on this board is your post David.. I mean really.. calling someone marginally intelligent is extremely rude... what ever happened to common decency and respect for other people's feelings... Wake up and smell yourself... You sound like a bitter queen to me!

Xyplestop Florbledo /

his whole attitude SCREAMS closet case. They are usually the people who get REALLY bent out of shape like this. : /

David take it easy Mary rofl

Matthew Westberg /

I can't help but think this is the eventual fallout from a damnnably stupid misunderstanding.

But hey, that's just me.

Xyplestop Florbledo /

Nah, its from david being an asshole. But thats ok too

Matthew Westberg /

Heh... Let's just say this isn't the first time I've seen this sort of thing on this here newfangled-internet thingumbob.

_La plus ca change..._

In defence of me, poor me...

Vimy Ridgeway /

In March, under the title Any Retrospecs Updates? (2nd post), Tak hassles the Retrospecs for not letting people know about the rides, so she can join them. I respond by asking her why does she want to ride with a bunch of young guys who like to retrostyle their bikes. It was intended as a bit of tongue-in-cheekiness. Then she posts her infamous buzzedattaparty rant that announces she is a lesbian (as if it matters), tells about her life, speculates about others and then says:

Silly me, I didn’t (sic) realise you had to have a penis for custon (sic) work, "if thats (sic) how you work on your bike its gotta hurt."

Plus:

"If its (sic) a restricted club they can just say so, no women no one over 30, and of course if theres any races, disablites (sic) or religions that are not allowed why not list them too?"

I thought that was insulting to the Retrospecs in particular (after all, it’s their club, not Tak’s) and to the MA and men in general, as it suggests we all think women are inferior. I have been married for 27 years and let me assure you, that’s not the case. So the first insult goes to Tak.

On the 28th of March, I sent this post:

"Hey, on the other hand, I helped Tak find the Specs. Sometimes, you just have to toss a cat among the pigeons. But I think I got more personal info than I wanted."

Still, I’m not ragging anyone (tossing a cat among the pigeons is an old English saying that means stirring things up to get something done).

Then, when she said she left out the interesting bits and I responded that I didn’t care, I got this back:

"Ghod (sic) you are a jerk.

Whats (sic) the matter, not getting laid anymore?"

Now that’s a personal and unconscionable insult that is way out of line! I don’t speculate about her sex life, but she can about mine??? Double standard. 2nd insult by Tak.

Then she keeps going: "Nah, I just like making over the hill sexist losers jump. Keep it up, its funny. ;)" "Well spanking you IS a lot of fun but the fan mail its (sic) getting me is going to give me a swelled head. ;)" "I wasnt insulting them, I was insulting YOU, (note the admission) "They said I was welcome, that everyone was welcome. YOU said I wasnt wanted. :)" (In fact, that’s not true, check the posts)

Then:

"So far you are the only sexist here (strike 3, or 4, or 5), and as the Specs guys said. Why take you seriously? You are not even in the club. You can’t uninvite people to a club you don’t belong to." (Actually, the funny thing is that the poster she is referring to emailed me later to let me know the real reason they hadn’t responded to her posts. The first three letters he used start with psy…)

Of course, then things really deteriorated. She says she is spanking me again (note the choice of gerund) and then:

"…you are WAY older than me."

As if that means anything. Age-ist remark. Socially uncool and very immature.

And that’s only what she said to me. Check her other rants on other posters.

That’s when I decided to end the nonsense and leave the thread. In closing, I suggested she might consider a donation to the site, as Simon was just ending his drive. And the thread end with her reply:

"I’d be happy to make a FINANCIAL contribution, but I live on $589 a month social security, I’m a little broke rigt (sic) now from paying for food and shelter."

There are the facts, people. Insults and nastiness galore from Tak, none from me. Financial contribution from me to the site, none from Tak. Not enough money to give 3.5 cents a day for the upkeep of the site, but enough for a laptop? Going to school at 40, on social security at 40, probably a disability (nervous breakdown, I venture); c’mon people, smell the vapours, doesn’t this sound like someone who is living off the taxpayer’s generosity and not making a worthwhile significant contribution to society? Hey, I’d love to not have to work, too, and still get paid (funny, last year when I was off work for 6 months because of a hockey injury, I had to suck it up because I'm self-employed).

I hate to end on a note of sarcasm (as if), but if Tak is your role model of a self-immolating Joan of Arc, it’s not surprising that your nation was duped into a war that’s sapping the vitality of the country, as well as ruining the lives of the young soldiers and their families and losing you political capital all over the world. Hey, wait!! That’s why I live up here.

Y’r obedient servant David

P.S. Tak said she was leaving the site yesterday, took down her profile and changed it today, and now she's back. That'swhat I really like, stick-to-it-ness, LMAO.

Good night, Dana, sweet dreams

Re: In defence of me, poor me...

Xyplestop Florbledo /

Just get over yourself and drop it, no one cares.

Seriously, its a ped forum,

You just cant stand not being the focus of attention can you?

Vimy Ridgeway /

My, oh my, the girl just can't help it, LOL!

Bye, I'm gone. It's been a slice.

Xyplestop Florbledo /

No great loss

David, some people would probably agree with you...

but what's the point... i dont care what people here are.

We are talking peds, we like moped, we repair them, we ride them...

i dont care if anyone here already tempted a suicide, or of anyone here is unable to talk...

i dont care if someone here is missing an eye or if anyone is disfigured by a accidental fire.

I dont care if someone here already killed a kitten just for fun of killing a kitten, or if someone already throwed rocks at some kind when he was in school.

I dont care if anyone here loves classic music or country. I dont care either if someone here still sleep with a teady bear.

I think you understand the point...

even if i dont like classic music, or if i disagree someone killing a kitten.... there is no reason for me to laugh at other, or telling them they are anyting you want to tell them...

Anyway, i think you understood the point...

on this forum, we talk mopeds...

we have no reason to hate each other... or to diffame us.

It's not your buisness if she is still at school, or if she lives on tax payers fees...

mind your own things, and everything will be perfect, got it?

you have to learn respect... i think that's what your missing...

good luck in your re-habilitation David

g.b.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account