how to transport moped in back of truck

i need help. i want to take my moped to another city this weekend but i can't ride it there, so i'm taking it there in my truck. does anybody know how to properly tie one down in the back of a pickup truck for transport?

Re: how to transport moped in back of truck

i just stand mine up in the back,tie a rope to one side of the truck,then wrap the rope around the handle bar neck and then tie the other end to the other side of the truck.then repeat this process except wrap it around the seat post.then every once in a while just check to make sure ropes are tight

hmm, sounds easy, thanks

sure,just make sure to check the ropes occasionaly to make sure they are tight

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

sometimes use ropes on my girlfriends scooter, which is slightly different on the gravity side than mopeds. i just bungee the hell out of it where there will be no damage. it will stand up straight and endure bumpy cobblestone roads at speeds at least up to 40mph. just make sure not to tie / bungee anything like brakes, cables, etc.

lol. hey thanks for the help!

why dont you just buy a set of tie downs theyre only like $15 for 4 of them and you dont have to worry about them loosening up

Martin Olkowicz /

dont play around with rope/bungees. rope comes loose, bungies flex. go over to home depot, a car parts place, or a motorcycle shop, and pick up some ratcheting tie downs. all you need is 2, and it should cost ya less than 20 bucks for em. put the ped in the center of the bed, put the center stand down, and just hook one end of each strap to one side of the handlebars or triple tree and the other end into the stake pocket/tie down eyelet/cleat depending on what your truck has, ratchet them down evenly. that's the set up i use for my ped, i do in excess of the speed limit with it back there, and havent had a problem yet, and i do this about twice a week. good luck with it. oh one more thing, make sure the front wheel of the ped is resting up against the front wall of your truck's bed.

^ What he said, but I prefer to leave the center stand up and compress the shocks some.

I just got back from a ~2700 round trip to FL using a set of tie downs on a carrier like this and had zero problems.

I do mine a whole different way, and have yet to cause any damage doing it this way.I have several of those really thick heavy quilts from U-Haul.and I just put one of them in the truck bed,and let it hang over the side about a foot.I then load the moped in the truck,with the centerstand up,and lean it up it against the side of the truck bed covered with the quilt.The handlebars hold it in place(you could also use rope),there is no metal to metal contact,the moped is well cushioned,and you don't have to worry about it falling over.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account