Re: how to transport moped in back of truck

Martin Olkowicz /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

dont play around with rope/bungees. rope comes loose, bungies flex. go over to home depot, a car parts place, or a motorcycle shop, and pick up some ratcheting tie downs. all you need is 2, and it should cost ya less than 20 bucks for em. put the ped in the center of the bed, put the center stand down, and just hook one end of each strap to one side of the handlebars or triple tree and the other end into the stake pocket/tie down eyelet/cleat depending on what your truck has, ratchet them down evenly. that's the set up i use for my ped, i do in excess of the speed limit with it back there, and havent had a problem yet, and i do this about twice a week. good luck with it. oh one more thing, make sure the front wheel of the ped is resting up against the front wall of your truck's bed.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.