Call to Arms!

<HTML> As we have all been seeing, the rising cost of gasoline has been big news lately. No doubt there are bubble headed TV news reporters being sent to gas stations in your area to get sound bites from stressed out Yuppies feeding their SUVs at the pump.

What a great opportunity to ride up on a moped and remind them of the 100 MPG machines that are still used by their enlightened owners!

REVENGE OF THE MOPEDS!</HTML>

RE: Call to Arms!

<HTML>At a motorcycle dealership in my suburb, they sold 7 mopeds last week. They have been getting a lot of inquiries for mopeds and small motorcycles. I think that if the gas prices stay at this range, or go higher, you will see moped sales jump... I hope this is a good thing. I would hate to see the government get more involved and make helmets and insurance a requirement. It is bad enough that they restrict mopeds to two brake horsepower.

Jim C. wrote:

-------------------------------

As we have all been seeing, the rising cost of gasoline has been big news lately. No doubt there are bubble headed TV news reporters being sent to gas stations in your area to get sound bites from stressed out Yuppies feeding their SUVs at the pump.

What a great opportunity to ride up on a moped and remind them of the 100 MPG machines that are still used by their enlightened owners!

REVENGE OF THE MOPEDS!</HTML>

<HTML>Only 100 MPG ?

I have a honda SS50 that does 140 MPG. It's uptuned to run 50 Mph so the feulusage isn't spectacular, originally it did about 180 MPG. Honda also has the economy-engine for this moped, that engine (if it isn't uptuned) does 400 MPG (I'm not kidding).

Other honda-mopeds that use the same engine are: C50, CD50, CB50, Z50, ZB50 and the magna50.</HTML>

<HTML>IVO,

Can you explain what you did to untune

your SS50. Thanks for the comeback. </HTML>

Re: Call to Arms!

Once I owned a Moped, my girl does now. BUT I now own a Honda scooter, which is STILL a 100 MPG machine. I laugh when I see people dropping $50 into their fuel tanks.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account