Re: Hey Reep and Chris

Jamie /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The best deals in the local traders are the ones that need work. The two mopeds that I got were for less than 200 bucks. The tomos was covered in grease and the guy that had it had tried to fix it several times and had pretty much gotton a lot of things backwards. I couldn't even get it to roll. He had put a locking roller bearing on backwards so that when the thing was supposed to free wheel, the motor was engaging. When he got it to crank, the motor just spun because the little bearing thingy wasn't locking.

I got a Suzuki Fa50 the same way. They have a tensioner that pushes against the doogamaflitchy that engages with the geared thing that makes the motor spin when you try to crank it. The fellow that I bought it from thought that the motor was stuck and something inside was broken because the kickstarter would flop back and forth. It took me several days to find a schematic of the gears (that guy had tried to do some repairs himself so a few things weren't right inside the gear box (transmission). Needless to say, he started of saying "Alls ya got to do to get it to run is...." that always clues you off to the fact that theres something wrong and he aint got the slightest idea what it is.

Check the trader the day that it comes out!!! the best deals go that very same day.

Jamie

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Hey Reep and ChrisTopic by: Rog Rog 10/27/01 07:18PM
  You can still get the Kinetic, ya want it.Re: Reeperette Reeperette 10/27/01 11:04PM
  Re: You can still get the Kinetic, ya want it.Re: Vespalad Vespalad 10/27/01 11:48PM
  Re: You can still get the Kinetic, ya want it.Re: Jamie Jamie 10/28/01 02:46AM
  Well, they don't much list em anymore...Re: Reeperette Reeperette 10/28/01 09:35AM
  Re: Hey Reep and ChrisRe: Jamie Jamie 10/28/01 02:56AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account