Re: DWI mopeds bicycles and scates

Wayne /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Driving intoxicated is wrong, period.

BUT, I'll argue all day long that the only person you endanger on your moped or scooter is yourself.

Dig through the online news archives. Find me ONE person who was killed as a result of an accident involving a drunk driver on a moped or scooter.

As the regulars know, I was on a kick where I was posting a thread about "Dead on a Moped". I could find no instances where someone was killed from a chain reaction involving a moped and alcohol.

Again, driving drunk is wrong and is illegal for good reasons.

Yes, it's possible that a drunk on a moped COULD make someone in an SUV swerve into a group of Nuns at a bus stop. Has it ever happened? Doubtful.

You drive drunk on the moped, you'll pay the price. People posting and crying about "you could have killed me or my family". Get real. I smashed my moped into a car full speed. I was mangled, the car was fine.

Maybe, if you smashed through the windshield and were wearing a helmet and the car was going 75 mph, your head might detach from your body and kill someone. Still, chances are, you're the only one who will be broken.

Don't mis-interpret this. I'm not saying it's ok. I'm just stating that the drunken rider is the only one going to be killed.

Think of the Kalamazoo Moped race. Are those riders endangering the lives of people in vehicles? Running red lights, getting hit by mini vans, etc? No, they aren't going to hurt anyone but themselves.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  DWI mopeds bicycles and scatesTopic by: Jamie Jamie 10/24/01 11:46PM
  Re: DWI mopeds bicycles and scatesRe: Wayne Wayne 10/25/01 02:57PM
  Re: DWI mopeds bicycles and scatesRe: Jamie Leonard Jamie Leonard 10/26/01 01:04AM
  Re: DWI mopeds bicycles and scatesRe: Wayne Wayne 10/26/01 09:33AM
  Re: DWI mopeds bicycles and scatesRe: Jamie Leonard Jamie Leonard 10/26/01 09:51AM
  Re: DWI mopeds bicycles and scatesRe: Wayne B Wayne B 10/26/01 06:15PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account